Zartan, Zandar & Zarana not working.

yojoe.com

Zartan, Zandar & Zarana not working.

No I'm not talking about them being jobless. Today I decided to bust these 3 out and see if they still changed color.

Zartan changed color but only in some spots, he was all blotchy. I did boil him to get him apart, so I'm guessing this could be a reason.

Zandar got a little darker, but that was about it.

Zarana didn't seem to change at all.

Is it possible for the color change gimmick to stop working? Sorry if this has been asked before.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Having had MANY color changing toys and stuff in the 80s I can definitively say yes, these things CAN wear out....I don't really know how, I'm sure it's probably a chemestry thing

Mine have all worn out too.
    ~Pit-Viper~

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The one I just took apart didn't change colour at all. Why I didn't care about boiling him to fix him.

My original Zartan didn't change either. However, he seems to have "refreshed" after taking a bath in boiling water. Unfortunately, I've mangled his torso trying to get it apart (boiling didn't really work) and his shoulder pads are grey. So I wouldn't recommend using boiling water to restore his color changing ability.

Also, my original Zandar and Zarana are tacky to the touch. I suspect it has something to do with the color changing additive to the plastic. They don't turn anymore, either.
    ***cyko's want list and items for sale vintage & new***

Quote Originally Posted by cyko
    Also, my original Zandar and Zarana are tacky to the touch. I suspect it has something to do with the color changing additive to the plastic. They don't turn anymore, either.
    Ouch! That can't be good! LMK if you need another Zandar, I have an extra minty one

All mine still change and change WELL at that. My dang Zartan went a little poopy on me and snapped his crotch and a heel, so I'm like arrrg trying to replace his crtch, cause I TOTALLY want to save this torso.