Removing price stickers?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Removing price stickers?

I hope this isn't a dupe. Has anyone removed 20+ yr. old price stickers from any cards before? Is it possible?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Any time I've tried, it ends up marring the card enough to where I just wind up wishing I wouldn't have messed with it. If someone know of a fool-proof way, I've yet to find it.

I preheat it with a hair dryer and then slowly pull the sticker off and works well.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Only bad part is even if you do remove it without ripping it many price tags will have left premenant residue stains.

Quote Originally Posted by cageyJG
    I hope this isn't a dupe. Has anyone removed 20+ yr. old price stickers from any cards before? Is it possible?
    Goo Gone works on most price stickers.

I would definitely practice on other less valuable cards first.

I think it's best to just leave the stickers alone. To me, the price stickers on vintage toys are a part of the history of the toy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    I think it's best to just leave the stickers alone. To me, the price stickers on vintage toys are a part of the history of the toy.
    I agree with that, unless some genius stock person put the sticker in a bad place.
    Last edited by Lt. Night Viper; 02-27-2010 at 06:41 PM.
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html

Price stickers don't bother me. Its pretty cool to see how much they went for back in the good ol days.

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Couldn't you just grab the corner of the sticker and pull?
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....