Why do collectors do this ? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think Soundwave just stumbled on to a new game, identify the figures in the high priced figure part lot!!

lot one - chuckles, mainframes, zandar, jinx, leatherneck, wetsuit, televiper, one of slaughters marauders (can remember the name), dusty, barbeque, crystal ball, viper, snowjob (pretty white too), gung-ho in dress, general hawk, wild bill, zanzibar, airtight, storm shadow v2, serpentor, zarana, roadblock v2, stinger driver, copperhead, law, rock viper, tomax and a ton of legs... gonna need some new o-rings.

lot 2 has a bunch I do not recognize but there is a zap, stalker, clutch v2, big boa, 2-3x tripwire v1, firefly, cutter, eel, barbeque, iron grenadier, wetsuit v2 (brazil??), alley viper, ace, hit and run, blowtorch, several various blue shirt cobras

good luck with those missing accessories.
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would have bought the lot for ten bucks if the screws were good. Like the copy says, perfect customizing and rebuilding fun. I have some figure parts (Alpine, Sgt. Slaughter, Croc Master) that I'm saving for eventual rebuilds. I don't have quite enough to work things out yet. Alpine would like like he was wearing his undies outside.

The first lot is not that great, but the second lot could be worth the money. You would probably break even if you tried to resell everything. I have personally bought a figure pieces lot for around $100, and made out like a bandit. After I put them all together, I had close too 70 figures, plus tons of parts and accessories. Some of the figures included; Starduster, NF Tunnel Rat, MTB Wet Suit, MTB Mainframe, Steel Brigade, Python Patrol, Tiger Force, etc. Sometimes you win with these lots, sometimes you lose.
    KEEP CALM, AND CHIVE ON

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

When I got back in to joes I found parts lots like this an excellent way to get started relatively cheaply. You get a ton of parts in, spend a few nights in the floor in front of the TV putting joes back together, then sell off the ones you don't want...keep the rest.

Actually is kinda therapeutic in a way to restore these old guys. Kind of like putting a model kit together.

Thing to watch out for is if it's another collector who is just dumping things they don't need- you end up with a bunch of common parts nobody wants.

If a seller has several joe lots up or has been doing joe transactions I'd usually pass, the best stuff has been worked over.

A good lot full of armies I would go for, this one looks nice.