heavy metal's "beard" - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronz
    Dirt. Explain how it could possibly be a beard please!
    The grime is just covering up his stubble
    Couldn't help my smart-*ss self
    Last edited by snowed_in; 02-22-2010 at 11:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I actually would work well as stubble if not for the nose, but it's definitely dirt. I wish Hasbro had done more of that type of paint app back in the day.
    Lurking since 2000.

O-rings. ARAH. Hama. 'Nuff said!

It is probably the best facial paint app ever for a gijoe figure, followed closely by Hit & Run. Very character specific, but more so, very job specific. The paint app goes way too far up the face for it to be a beard, and as stated, matches the goggles outline perfectly. As a kid, I too thought it was a beard, but as an adult collector, I see the subtlty of it being dirt on his face. More joes could have benefitted from attention to detail like this (some do, some don't)

And For a US Military unit, Joe had way too many beards and non-regulation mustaches.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What I think was meant when it was called a "beard" was just that a beard of dirt form teh goggles. As a kid I never noticed it and as an adult I can see that it is dirt on the face.

isn't it a bit too evenly distributed to be dirt? Same color and thickness across the whole section? At least a beard grows in evenly like that.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

I guess I should have added that the key that displays the"beard" is not a beard is that Heavy Metal has a mustache which is black, a true beard would match in a toy painters mind. It is just a 'beard" of dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus
    I guess I should have added that the key that displays the"beard" is not a beard is that Heavy Metal has a mustache which is black, a true beard would match in a toy painters mind. It is just a 'beard" of dirt.
    if a beard isn't as thick as a mustache, it wouldn't appear the same color as the mustache. Second graders even color lighter to show different thickness.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    if a beard isn't as thick as a mustache, it wouldn't appear the same color as the mustache. Second graders even color lighter to show different thickness.
    I agree they do, but if you look at the dirrt it surrounds his moustache. That to me seems a bit odd. If he was going for the stubbled look it would most likely be for the beard part but not around his moustache which seems trimmed nicely. Also, there is the large amount of the dirt which goes midway up his nose. I have heard of hair on the nose...but that goes beyond belief. Also I think the color of the dirt is a greenish brown. I would think they would have done a mix of black and a lighter shade for stubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus
    I agree they do, but if you look at the dirrt it surrounds his moustache. That to me seems a bit odd. If he was going for the stubbled look it would most likely be for the beard part but not around his moustache which seems trimmed nicely. Also, there is the large amount of the dirt which goes midway up his nose. I have heard of hair on the nose...but that goes beyond belief. Also I think the color of the dirt is a greenish brown. I would think they would have done a mix of black and a lighter shade for stubble.
    all good points

I just felt like arguing.

Yeah it's clearly dirt. i was amazed when i heard someone once say it was a beard. Of course I also had a guy swear that Destro was wearing an orange shirt and thus could be a black man after all since according to him you couldn't see his skin.
    ~Pit-Viper~