155 1/2 preview (spoilers)

Good stuff! All hail Hama and ARAH!

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...id=1745&page=1
    Lurking since 2000.

O-rings. ARAH. Hama. 'Nuff said!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

SPOILER

ok I have to point this out...Mt. Rushmore is by no means a secure location, sure they have park rangers etc, but there seems to always be some protest group going up there and sticking their flag on Lincoln's nose. Greenpeace has been arrested quite a few times for that. So it wouldn't take an organized effort to "take" Mt Rushmore. Also carving on Washingtons forehead? not too likely after all we are talking granite here. It would be very noisy to carve on it that quickly and have it resemble anything... I m talking jack hammer noise here.

and also, there are no Marine units here, we have the local recruiters, but mainly it would have been the Air Force or the Guard sent up there.

looking forward to this one though, its classic ARAH.

Put another dime in the jukebox, baby.

The classic feel is there. I'm even more excited about this now. I hope it lives up to the hype, cuz, honestly, I thought Origins was junk.
    Lurking since 2000.

O-rings. ARAH. Hama. 'Nuff said!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It looks good. I was worried about the artwork more than anything. The comic being a continuation of the Marvel series, I wanted the artwork to match.

Looks promising, both in the writing and the art department, I was skeptical on both.

I'm actually starting to injoy the current IDW titles more and more and was prepared to let the past stay in the past and pass this one up. Now I'm most likely picking it up.

I just finished reading 155 1/2 and I enjoyed it. Better then some of the latest modern in my opinion and I think I may even add this to my subscription list in which none of the latest joe stuff has made it.

Anybody that gets a chance on free comic book day to grab one should.

I'll be getting the comic book, but now I'm considering waiting for the trade paperbacks. This is just to be consistent with the Classic G.I. Joe books that IDW is printing.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    I'll be getting the comic book, but now I'm considering waiting for the trade paperbacks. This is just to be consistent with the Classic G.I. Joe books that IDW is printing.
    Trades are the cheaper way to go but I have always be a fan of the real thing. I pretty much use trades as my readers while still having the originals. I also have been hoping that IDW will reprint all 155 in a trade set which might be cheaper then buying them all the trades seperate but I have yet to see confirmation tha they are doing all 155. I already have the first 3 volumes of the joe trades from marvel first prints.

Anyways as I mentioned I don't think people will be dissapointed with 155 1/2 and I enjoyed it. First joe book I have enjoyed thoroughly since the marvel series so much that I grabbed 20 copies so I can have my mint copies and hand out a few to friends.

hmmm... a fake army, a plot to work with in the government to take over,

now all we need are jedi and light sabers

I kid, I kid!

Looks good. Perhaps lucas could take some story writing tips though.

John m.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.