Cobra Stickers vs. Ruben? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13

I do have a question though. How are you determining the original retail price on the vehicles (or is someone else doing that)?

I'd love to see the same treatment on figures someday!

I have no input on all that text info, I don't actually do the page upgrades myself, I just create all the images and then email them to Phil who does all coding of the page and such. I'm not 100% sure where the retail prices are coming from.

Remastering the figure archive has been discussed, and I'd love to do it, but honestly that's such a MAJOR labor intensive task that I can't do that on a volunteer basis, it would have to be paid in some fashion.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You would be hard pressed to find anyone to debate what Flophouse just said. Well, hard to find anyone with a good counter argument. I completely agree that repro labels are not only acceptable, they are preferred because they look so much nicer.

cobra stickers

I have used cobra stickers on only two vehicles, cobra hiss & the tiger force tiger sting with great success untill now. I got a set of repo stickers from them for the VAMP II, there were a few things that could have been done better. the numbers for the water cans are black & the two original vehicles I have the numbers are white ? not sure of a variation but I didn't use the repo number stickers .the "46DP" sticker is smaller then the original but all the other stickers appear to be about the same size .the last thing that bugged me was the scorpion sticker: the original is cut out in a circle where the repo cut out is more oval/ egg shaped ? it's not really a big deal but it is obvious that its a repo & not original. I picked this set up because it had a discount price on it & there stickers are a little pricey but not outrageous . I have purchased a set of faction stickers & a set of cobra chest stickers, the chest stickers aren't the right size either but they do look o.k. I will continue to use there stickers but I'm gonna give Ruben a try next time I get some $$ & decide from there

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by navy viper
    I have used cobra stickers on only two vehicles, cobra hiss & the tiger force tiger sting with great success untill now. I got a set of repo stickers from them for the VAMP II, there were a few things that could have been done better. the numbers for the water cans are black & the two original vehicles I have the numbers are white ? not sure of a variation but I didn't use the repo number stickers .the "46DP" sticker is smaller then the original but all the other stickers appear to be about the same size .the last thing that bugged me was the scorpion sticker: the original is cut out in a circle where the repo cut out is more oval/ egg shaped ? it's not really a big deal but it is obvious that its a repo & not original. I picked this set up because it had a discount price on it & there stickers are a little pricey but not outrageous . I have purchased a set of faction stickers & a set of cobra chest stickers, the chest stickers aren't the right size either but they do look o.k. I will continue to use there stickers but I'm gonna give Ruben a try next time I get some $$ & decide from there
    I gave cobra stickers a try after seeing figures restickered with cobra emblems. I had a bunch that i ordered from ruben, but they never mated well with the contours of the plastic chests. well the cobra stickers do, but they are much smaller than the original sized logos. also on the silver sticker sheet at least two of the cobra snake vertical lines are merged. certainly they are ok to resticker a figure or custom with, but so were rubens, except the logos ruben sells for the 3 3/4 figures are more accurate in size, and appearance.-
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

Quote Originally Posted by Flophouse
    Cobrastickers uses a lot of images from Yojoe on their website, images that are actually mine and that I let Yojoe use. The irony is that all my vehicles I photograph have J. Ruben repros on them.
    I did not know this fact! It is ironic that we are using them.
    The pictures look great by the way and kudos to you for taking the time and effort in photographing all those vehicles for the archive.
    Regards,
    RJ