Rare GI Joe Wal-Mart File Cards (Autographed-Very Rare)

yojoe.com

Exclamation Rare GI Joe Wal-Mart File Cards (Autographed-Very Rare)

For Sale: A set of 5 out of 6 Rare Wal-Mart GI Joe File Cards is for sell, all five autographed. Includes one of Sam Walton founder of Wal-Mart and one of David Glass another Wal-Mart Exec whom also owns the KC Royals. If you are interested in these as a set or just as (one) feel free to contact me at cdfergu@gmail.com this will be the only contact I will respond to. Please have a idea of an offer in mind. If you feel that you would like one of these cards donated to a child please send me a reason on why and I will take it under consideration. The offer for these items to be sold and or donated will expire 30 days from today 03/09/10. Each card will have a reserve bid of at least $750.00. One card out of the (full set) is missing which I do not have. At the end of the 30 days a decision will be made on the sale, donation and or removel of items to be listed in this offer. The ending date and time for this offer will be 4/8/2010 12:00pm US Central.

Interesting Facts about the Cards:

• Created to represent top executives of Wal-Mart during this time of 1990 from Hasbro as a promotion. These filecards where not sold to general public but issued to Store Managers. Most were not keep and destroyed and or lost.

• The Ultimate Guide to G.I. Joe 1982-1994 listing shows these Cards to be Rare.

• These specific cards came from the Bentonville Arkansas the area of the Wal-Mart Home Office location.

• Each filecard at the bottom states the following “The name ------ does identify a known, living person.”

• Each filecard was laminated after they were autographed in 1990.

• Sam Walton’s filecard was encapsulated in glass and on display at Walton’s 5 & 10 museum for a short time after his death in Bentonville Arkansas.

• Mr. Walton was awarded numinous awards world wide including the Medal of Freedom Award honored by President George Bush Sr.

• He was listed as one of the wealthiest men in the world and the retail chain that he began is still the largest in the world.

• These I have been told that these are the rarest of the rare and possibly the only ones that were autographed. After the display in the Walton’s 5 & 10 these were taken out of public view.

• As stated above Mr. Glass along with the others were members of the executive staff of Wal-Mart during that time. He now owns the K.C. Chief’s.

• Current listing for Samual M. Walton's autograph on ebay under "historydirect" shows a value of approximately $4,500.00.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10152009246A.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	5666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10162009247B.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	5667  
    Last edited by cdfergu; 03-10-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Added Information

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Whos autograph is on the filecards.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UnKnownSnowTrooper
    Whos autograph is on the filecards.

Thanks
    Probably by the people who the characters on the cards are based on....
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Do you have any pictures of the cards?

If you feel that you would like one of these cards donated to a child please send me a reason on why and I will take it under consideration. The offer for these items to be sold and or donated will expire 30 days from today 03/09/10. Each card will have a reserve bid of at least $750.00.

For clarification, what would a child want with these? I think I know the set you are referring to and it is very rare. I believe they only handed them out at a board meeting or something like that. Would not seem like a good thing to give to a child, being so valuable and all.

They where given to the regional managers if i remember right.