For Sale: A set of 5 out of 6 Rare Wal-Mart GI Joe File Cards is for sell, all five autographed. Includes one of Sam Walton founder of Wal-Mart and one of David Glass another Wal-Mart Exec whom also owns the KC Royals. If you are interested in these as a set or just as (one) feel free to contact me at [email protected] this will be the only contact I will respond to. Please have a idea of an offer in mind. If you feel that you would like one of these cards donated to a child please send me a reason on why and I will take it under consideration. The offer for these items to be sold and or donated will expire 30 days from today 03/09/10. Each card will have a reserve bid of at least $750.00. One card out of the (full set) is missing which I do not have. At the end of the 30 days a decision will be made on the sale, donation and or removel of items to be listed in this offer. The ending date and time for this offer will be 4/8/2010 12:00pm US Central.
Interesting Facts about the Cards:
• Created to represent top executives of Wal-Mart during this time of 1990 from Hasbro as a promotion. These filecards where not sold to general public but issued to Store Managers. Most were not keep and destroyed and or lost.
• The Ultimate Guide to G.I. Joe 1982-1994 listing shows these Cards to be Rare.
• These specific cards came from the Bentonville Arkansas the area of the Wal-Mart Home Office location.
• Each filecard at the bottom states the following “The name ------ does identify a known, living person.”
• Each filecard was laminated after they were autographed in 1990.
• Sam Walton’s filecard was encapsulated in glass and on display at Walton’s 5 & 10 museum for a short time after his death in Bentonville Arkansas.
• Mr. Walton was awarded numinous awards world wide including the Medal of Freedom Award honored by President George Bush Sr.
• He was listed as one of the wealthiest men in the world and the retail chain that he began is still the largest in the world.
• These I have been told that these are the rarest of the rare and possibly the only ones that were autographed. After the display in the Walton’s 5 & 10 these were taken out of public view.
• As stated above Mr. Glass along with the others were members of the executive staff of Wal-Mart during that time. He now owns the K.C. Chief’s.
• Current listing for Samual M. Walton's autograph on ebay under "historydirect" shows a value of approximately $4,500.00.