What to ask Larry Hama to sign at the Con? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    Your chest.

You are going to get some funny looks and perhaps the police called on you. But what a story to tell.
    And then go get the signature traced by a tatoo artist for a lasting impression.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by toy-nutz
    Larry is great to talk to and very approachable. Last year he spent a good 10 minutes talking to my 6 year old about Joe. She loves Snake Eyes and Scarlett and he just kneeled down and talked to her about them. I have met him so much at the conventions that he now remembers me! Guess I should stop bugging him all the time!

Oh and as for what to get signed, I say your favorite Joe issue. I have the Snake Eyes origin issues, the "Snake Eyes Trilogy" and issues 25 and 50 all signed by Hama and the all the artist/colorists on the issues.

Michael
    Bulletman Big B
    That's a great story and very encouraging to hear.

i knew someone was going to throw out "the chest sig" I thought about grabbing a set of blank enlistment papers from one of my recruiter buddies and see if he'd sign those again!!
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

I just met him at a local Con here in Dallas. I had him sign a Flash file card (my first fig), and issue #40 at first. (#40 is one of my fave stories and one of about 10 issues I own at the time. I then found a dealer that had some Joe comics at decent prices and had Larry sign Special Missions #1 and Yearbook #3 (another silent story since I didn't have #21).

I wish there was a thread Larry would post in... like an "ask Larry Hama" kind of thing. Wouldn't that be cool?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Everyone should get him to sign something Resolute!

An apology for endorsing Rise of Cobra, ba dum bum.
    Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Aaaaand with that! This thread should be locked, preserved and acknowledged by all fans in the years and millenia to come!

When Larry came to Edmonton for a toy show a few years ago, I got him to sign my G.I.Joe wall plaque.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...k70/Plaque.jpg

He couldn't believe that anyone would actually manufacture something like it. A really nice guy though, he was worried he'd ruin the plaque by tagging it!

Have him sign the GI Joe 155 1/2 that comes out on Free Comic Book Day. Hopefully, the IDW booth will be handing copies of this out on May 1st which is FCBD and also Saturday at the Con.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/comic_gijoe.asp

Quote Originally Posted by MOD
    Aaaaand with that! This thread should be locked, preserved and acknowledged by all fans in the years and millenia to come!
    Yes it should be locked for the stupidity of that comment. You know Larry had nothing to do with Resolute, and did not like it very much, and worked on and enjoyed the movie?

Hama on GIJoe Resolute
    "I tried reading one of the scripts. It didn't seem like it had been written by anybody who was familiar with the characters, or who knew anything about the military or weapons. I was offended by its lack of moral center."

Got to agree with the man.

Michael
    Bulletman Big B
    ALL HAIL DOB!!
    http://www.joelanta.com/dob.html

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape
    Quote Originally Posted by toy-nutz
    Yes it should be locked for the stupidity of that comment. You know Larry had nothing to do with Resolute, and did not like it very much, and worked on and enjoyed the movie?

Hama on GI Joe Resolute
    "I tried reading one of the scripts. It didn't seem like it had been written by anybody who was familiar with the characters, or who knew anything about the military or weapons. I was offended by its lack of moral center."

Got to agree with the man.

Michael
    Bulletman Big B
    What part of RISE OF COBRA led you to believe I was talking about RESOLUTE? Some sort of R-based dyslexia?
    Signature.