What to ask Larry Hama to sign at the Con?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What to ask Larry Hama to sign at the Con?

Hey guys

I am still up in the air about going to the Con- really want to but never know about fundage. My wife says we are definately going so that is a huge plus!!

So, I'm wondering what I consider saying to Larry or even what to ask him to sign? Any thoughts?? Marvel issue 1, Marvel issue 155? perhaps a MOC figure you have? I dunno, what do you think???

And make it a legit answer rather than "a blank check payable to me!!"
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris
    Hey guys

I am still up in the air about going to the Con- really want to but never know about fundage. My wife says we are definately going so that is a huge plus!!

So, I'm wondering what I consider saying to Larry or even what to ask him to sign? Any thoughts?? Marvel issue 1, Marvel issue 155? perhaps a MOC figure you have? I dunno, what do you think???

And make it a legit answer rather than "a blank check payable to me!!"
    I'd either go with Issue 1 of the comic (the oversized treasury edition version would be cool) or it would probably be neat to have him sign a Tunnel Rat MOC.

Carded Snake Eyes v1 or v2. I believe he was the one that wrote the file card bios. (Correct me if I'm wrong, people)
    What's left when honor's gone?
    Death is the best kick of all, why do you think God saved it for last?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rah-digga
    Carded Snake Eyes v1 or v2. I believe he was the one that wrote the file card bios. (Correct me if I'm wrong, people)
    He wrote just about all of the file cards I thought. (pre-92 at least)

I got him and Larry Trimpe to sign my TPB Vol. 1 back in '07. Pretty cool.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

Quote Originally Posted by RevQuixo
    it would probably be neat to have him sign a Tunnel Rat MOC.
    This would be cool.

Is he pretty cool (obviously as he's a vet and the creator of the coolest action figures of ALL time!!) or is he sort of aloof?? Any comments on experiences would be pretty cool.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris
    Is he pretty cool (obviously as he's a vet and the creator of the coolest action figures of ALL time!!) or is he sort of aloof?? Any comments on experiences would be pretty cool.
    Larry is great to talk to and very approachable. Last year he spent a good 10 minutes talking to my 6 year old about Joe. She loves Snake Eyes and Scarlett and he just kneeled down and talked to her about them. I have met him so much at the conventions that he now remembers me! Guess I should stop bugging him all the time!

Oh and as for what to get signed, I say your favorite Joe issue. I have the Snake Eyes origin issues, the "Snake Eyes Trilogy" and issues 25 and 50 all signed by Hama and the all the artist/colorists on the issues.

Michael
    Bulletman Big B
    ALL HAIL DOB!!
    http://www.joelanta.com/dob.html

Quote Originally Posted by RevQuixo
    it would probably be neat to have him sign a Tunnel Rat MOC.
    Agreed, this would be pretty awesome. If this isn't plausible, a TR file card would be just as cool, and pretty easy to come by (if you don't already have one).

Other than that, maybe the part of your collection closest to you? The item that has the most value to you, signed by the man who's such a huge part of the hobby you love. Unless, of course, you didn't want your favorite piece marred by a signature....

Your chest.

You are going to get some funny looks and perhaps the police called on you. But what a story to tell.