battleforce 2000 question - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ninja plus crocodiles equals new handbag store in canada.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by skinny
    ninja plus crocodiles equals new handbag store in canada.
    Or more croc-pot. Mmm yummy!

hehe. I'm gonna have to find more crocs now.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Thanks for that...I *needed* a laugh today...
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    At the risk of bringing this thread back on topic, I actually kind of liked the concept of BF2000. The vehicles were poorly executed, but the figures were pretty cool (especially Blaster and Dodger). The concept of an experimental weapons team fit perfectly with the Joe line for me.

I may be the only one who thinks this, but wouldn't it be cool to see the GIJCC do an updated version of BF2000 for a convention set one year? Of course, now it would have to be "Battleforce 2020."

Maybe do three of four of the Joes and fill the set with some sort of futuristic-themed Cobra army builders for them to go up against. They can use BATs or Cyper-Vipers since I think they've shown that they can get both molds.

I think it's nothing too different than the type of thing they do each year and at least for me it would be a very interesting set.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

hmmm, Joe BF2020. Would that involve the recently canceled FCS program (it was publicly canceled so GIJOE could secretly test it out)?
    The new comic lines seem to kill off a character about every two or three episodes. Some of them are revealed and killed within a few panels (most, I do not even recognize the name of).
    Bazooka was killed, we get to see the jersey go up on the wall.

Back to the OT though. I thought BF2000 was funny looking and too colorful. It seemed as if Hasbro was trying to somehow tie in transformers to the Joe line since the vehicles seemed to transform and could incorporate into that battle platform or whatever it was supposed to be. I only recently bought the figures and have passed on the vehicles.
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    I may be the only one who thinks this, but wouldn't it be cool to see the GIJCC do an updated version of BF2000 for a convention set one year? Of course, now it would have to be "Battleforce 2020."
    I think that would be AWESOME. I always liked BF2000, especially Dodger and some of the vehicles like the Vector Jet and the Vindicator. They are a little goofy when you over analyze their designs, but so are a lot other Joe stuff.

I think i put BF2000, animated movie tribute set, and sky patorl as my most wanted sets on the convention feedback form last year. The BF2000 set would be fun just to see what they would do with it...not to mention all the griping it would generate

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Maybe I missed it being mentioned, but Cobra Commanders son Billy was also killed
    Yes, Billy was technically killed, but he was ressurected later, then allegedly killed again, just to be found alive later on. He was alive at the end of the Marvel run.

Quote Originally Posted by james strickland
    I recently got all of the figures for this sub group just curious why they never
    add more figures to the group I think thier are seven charecters to the sub set. they have vehicles that could hold one or more figures.

BF 2000 was underused. They could've had more members. I even thought up a female addition to the team. I have all 7 figures, but none of the vehicles. Destro made his army to destroy this sub-team of Joes.

The Future Fortress was made based on the popularity of the Transformers' gestalt teams. I wished there a battle between the Fortress and a Decepticon gestalt. Only those with the toys can do that now.
    Last edited by RedSkullCobra; 04-08-2010 at 04:56 PM.

An infantry component to BF2000 might've been interesting. In Brazil, Fast Draw was a member of the team.

I was never a huge BF2000 fan, the Future Fortress sounds good on paper, but in actually is a bunch of unconnected parts. Some of the vehicles seem to forced to fit that concept or the same price point.

I can't fault Hasbro for trying new directions. Some of us may look back and wish every year was like 1985, but the reality of the toy market was to keep kids interested. Most successful toy lines lasted maybe two years, GI JOE: ARAH lasted some 12.

BF2000 saw some significant use in 88-89 in the comics, they kicked Cobra's butt in Frusenland, were at the Cobra Civil War, fought the Dreadnoks, Maverick got a Special Missions issue.

They were disposed of because Hama decided to kill some characters off and Hasbro allowed it. Most of the Iron Grenadiers were disposed of, too. First Voltar, then the better part of the whole army (apparently) at Destro's castle (if any were still around, you'd think Destro would've garrisoned the Silent Castle), and later Darklon.