Removing Vamp wheel rims? Need help

yojoe.com

Removing Vamp wheel rims? Need help

Does anyone know any tricks to removing the inner rim of a wheel off a Vamp? Are they glued in place or just snapped in? I need to remove one without damaging any parts. I'm not referring to the whole wheel itself just the inner rim/hub cap part.

Any advice?

Thanks.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It's that whole "sonic welding" thing I believe. Every time I've ever seen one pulled off, there is no way to get it to fit right because it has ripped teh plastic it was touching.

John m.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

How about pulling a whole wheel off the silver axle bar then? I'm trying to replace a wheel on a Vamp by replacing it with another. I can hold one wheel solid and spin the other wheel on the other side of the axle but it doesn't pop off. I'm hesitant to pull too hard and break something.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

Well, I just answered my own question. A very thin, sharp, and narrow knife with some gentle, circular prying and I popped the rim out of the wheel. No damage to the wheel or rim. There doesn't appear to be any gluing, sealing, or welding of any kind. There is a part number behind the rim for those interested in that stuff. It reads;

M-3315-4-1 (that last "1" isn't 100%, but it looks most like a 1.
    Below the part number is the letter " B ".
    Last edited by Flophouse; 04-18-2010 at 06:31 PM.

Tolan
    Quote Originally Posted by Flophouse
    Well, I just answered my own question. A very thin, sharp, and narrow knife with some gentle, circular prying and I popped the rim out of the wheel. No damage to the wheel or rim. There doesn't appear to be any gluing, sealing, or welding of any kind. There is a part number behind the rim for those interested in that stuff. It reads;

M-3315-4-1 (that last "1" isn't 100%, but it looks most like a 1.
    Below the part number is the letter " B ".

The Vamp you took apart, was it a 3311 B body or a 3250 A body ???
    Last edited by Tolan; 04-18-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolan

Nerds!

;-)
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal
    Nerds!

;-)
    Aren't all of us?
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####

Quote Originally Posted by Tolan
    3250 A

It's actually the Cobra M.S.V. version. Also, just to clarify, that part number is ON the rim piece, not inside the wheel itself.

Funny thing is, I decided to mention that part number before I put the rim in its new home because I thought of you Tolan, I know you like that technical info.
    Last edited by Flophouse; 04-18-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Tolan
    Quote Originally Posted by Flophouse
    3250 A

It's actually the Cobra M.S.V. version.
    Funny thing is, I decided to mention that part number before I put the rim in its new home because I thought of you Tolan, I know you like that technical info.
    .....Time to skew away from the op questioned.....

Ok so the MSV "black "Vamp has a 3311 number on the rim ?? What about the wheel or body numbers , are they 3311's ??

I have only found 3311 numbers on a B chassis of the "green" Vamp and all the stamped numbers have matched. They also seem a lot less wide spread from the sampling of 200 vamps or so that I have been able to inspect in person. I would almost say that 3311 never came with a shovel as well.

I have seen about 5 or so that has had an 3250/A top atop a 3311/B bottom. I dont know whether or not this was an intentional production change or a parts swap , although with the low numbers I would venture a guess it being a swap.

...Time to get a vehicle guide out, ..eh ???