Cobra Stickers vs. Ruben?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cobra Stickers vs. Ruben?

Hey all, just wondering if someone can give me a good comparison between these repro stickers.

I've used Ruben's almost exclusively but now that Cobrastickers.com has been getting into the Action Force stuff, I'm contemplating switching. I know Ruben's stuff is high quality but I wonder if Cobrastickers is better (especially in terms of resolution - e.g. fonts and what not).

I know Cobrastickers is more expensive and pre-cut and all that - I'm mostly concerned as to how accurate they are, and if one is better than the other.

Thanks!
    D
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have read that they pre-cut their stickers. I think that site is run by the same people that make Transformers stickers, Reprolables.com. I often buy sticker sets from them and they make good Transformers stickers. So I would expect the quality from Cobrastickers.com to be the same.

MY mate get mine from cobra strickers i found them very good
    well worth the money top class
    never used ruben
    i read some were you have to cut them out ???i dont know like
    i said never used his..
    i am happy with cobra strickers
    HAIL SERPENTOR SUPREME LEADER OF COBRA.

rob uk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have used both so I think I can give a pretty good comparison.

Ruben seems to have the better selection of replacement stickers for vintage stuff. His are very sharp and high quality. In some cases, his look better than the Hasbro stickers. You have to cut all of his out yourself which can be time consuming, but also allows you to get a better presentation if you have an eye for that level of detail. His stickers also appear to be thinner than Cobra Stickers or the original Hasbro stickers.

Cobra Stickers are very much like the original Hasbro stickers. They are all pre-cut and have the same thickness. They stock a lot of custom stickers sheets and faction logos which are nice for customizers. The down side to them is that they are expensive. Their stickers cost much more than Ruben for sure. In terms of original sheet repros, they have a good stock but not as many as Ruben. Ruben has most of the most popular vehicles, Cobra Stickers still is missing quite a few.

Overall, both are excellent sources for stickers. You actually can't go wrong with either. It just depends on what you need stickers more mostly. After that, it is price and pre-cut/cut yourself.

Does J Ruben have a website or a post on here with a list of what he has with prices? Also does anyone know if he has any generic Joe/Cobra sheets or Subteam sets?

Thanks
    In need of one of each type of missile for Ghost Striker and one white projectile missile for theThunderwing. Paypal or trade available. PM if you can help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by max27
    Does J Ruben have a website or a post on here with a list of what he has with prices? Also does anyone know if he has any generic Joe/Cobra sheets or Subteam sets?

Thanks
    Here's a current list of what he has, although there are many more that are finished and just not added to this list yet. I'm waiting for him to give me prices on all the new ones and then I'll add them to the list. I use his and love them. I enjoy cutting them out because it gives you greater control and it's actually fun, at least for me.

http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/30495-g...-stickers.html

I'm a little confused by a few of cobrastickers sets. The Night Force decals they offer are red. Why? Do the originals glow red?, I assumed they were greenish but I don't have any NF vehicles to confirm. Also, their Canadian conversion decals aren't accurate. After the text "CANADA", they use a white maple leaf instead of the white circle with a clear star inside. No Canadian toy I ever bought had a maple leaf on it, so I assume that's just their own creative touch.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

I like Cobrasticker for their custom sets, but that's it. Their replacement decals cost way too much. For example, Snowcat stickers are $8, that's almost as much as a Snowcat itself.

As for the NightForce stickers, i bought the Night Boomer repros label but i will not apply them to my Boomer. I prefer to keep the original. The black/white stickers looks better than red ones. By the way, the original glow light green in the dark.

DPrime,

I've used dozens and dozens of sets from Ruben and really won't use anything else. I did however use one set from Cobra Stickers for my Condor when Ruben wasn't sure he was going to continue to make his stickers about a year ago. The pre cut was nice, but I found that the large black areas on the wings were not very well done. The prininting lines are visible in the black, and are noticable. Also, their stuff is about 3 times the cost of Ruben.

Thanks for the answers, guys!

For those of you who have gotten both, have you noticed the resolution better on one?
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.