When Good Card Art Goes Bad (As A Figure)

yojoe.com

When Good Card Art Goes Bad (As A Figure)

Looking over my collection this evening, it occurred to me that sometimes the card art didn't always translate well to a figure. To be expected of course, but sometimes more noticeably on some figures than others. A few thoughts:

Repeater: The card art portrays a no-nonsense, muscle headed machine gunner, ready at a moment's notice to shred Cobra's forces to pieces. The figure looks as if he's having an allergic reaction to shellfish.

Leatherneck (V1): The card art depicts the definition of a "Dirty Dog". You can practically smell the battle toughness. The figure looks like Magnum P.I. at a costume party. Maybe it's because he appears to be wearing sensible loafers rather than combat boots.

Shipwreck (V1): I LOOOOVVVVE this figure, but while the card art shows us a hard drinking, quick tempered bar brawler, the figure appears to be on the cusp of saying "rib-it".

Of course, this works the other way as well: I always felt the Sneak Peek figure was much kinder to the character than the card art. This was one of the first Joes I got new as a child, and I never cared for the picture. I don't know if it's the baby face, or the expression that looks as if he was caught mid- bowel movement, but the card art for this one has always disturbed me.

Any others off the top of your head(s)?

*BTW, I absolutely ADORE all of the above figures (Well, maybe not Sneak Peek ), and this thread is totally meant for fun. I'm simply bored.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think this could be said about a lot of figures actually. Firefly and Flint come to mind.
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html

82/83 Scarlett and Cover Girl.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Spearhead looked better on his artwork.

Raptor's face looked more villainous and less like a cosplayer.

And of course, General Hawk 1991's helmet doesn't even come close to his cardart's helmet.