Display ideas for GI Joe figures (book cases, glass doors)? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thankfully the house we bought was old and had tons of build in shelving, including in a tiny room that could only be for my collection

One thing I did do which was fun was I bought store display "Pegs" at Lowes and installed them in my closet. Of course by installed I mean I took a power drill to the wood paneling and made holes to stick them in I was lazy but I could have just attached pegboard.

I've got a nice collection of MOC 25th, ROC and my MOC Dee Jay figure hanging out looking like a well-stocked walmart.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I could need a shelves likes these.

I'll have to take a few new pics of my displays now! I filled my pegs and have to store things away in boxes now, lol.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    i'm in the process of re-organizing/re-building my shelving. i found some nice figure style shelving at biglots pretty cheap. it's easily walmountable. i was going to get several of them. i can't find it on their website, so i'll swing by there later. they were pretty inexpensive, but had no glass cover. i suppose- if one was so inclined- you could have a sheet of plexiglass cut at lowes and put that on the front.
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

I keep trying to think of a way to display my loose joes also ... I've made shelves before ... this is what I made for my star wars figures ... so kind of thinking of making one just like it but different colors for my Joes ... but then I also think about those Ikea units ... sure is hard to figure out what to do with these guys after you get so many of them LOL... glad I only collect from the first 4 years or I'd really be scratching my head on how to display them

Quote Originally Posted by silverc View Post
    You should just build something. You can make it exactly like you want it and avoid the cheap crap they sell at Ikea.

I built this display case for my figures:

And also a lot of display shelves like this:

Good god, man. That is the best looking Joe room I've ever seen. My hat is off to you.

I bought some jewelry display showcases from a closing Kmart. They are pretty cool. Around 4 feet long and have sliding doors in the back that lock. They also have lighting inside them. I have not set anything up in them yet...just brought them home last week.
    Sinnister

The master race is made of plastic and only 3 3/4 inches tall

WANT LIST

I have a cabinet I'm refurbishing to display my joe figures (loose) . it has glass doors on top & bottom I intend to put a mirror behind the shelves & use glass shelves with that & some lighting to set it up . but buying custom made glass shelves adds up & my supplier cant guarantee they wont break the mirror when I have it cut ( to fit the cabinet back). I have over a thousand figures so I was thinking of using ply wood in sections to
    "layer" it on the shelf so every 3 or 4 rows of figures would be taller as I set them up . That way you could at least see every figures head & shoulders. I thought this was a great idea until I realized it made having glass shelves a large waste of money at $35 each shelf !! so its still very much a work in progress

my next best idea is to just use book shelves that you assemble your self from wal mart, staples or big lots & fabricate plexi glass doors to keep them dust free, however sheets of plexiglass are some what expensive - I think close to $80 ! ? just my 2 cents

Amazing set up and collection!!