True Heroes Steel Badger Tank...

yojoe.com

True Heroes Steel Badger Tank...

Was looking at my APC and thought to myself that Cobra needs a personnel carrier too.

Here's what I picked up at Toys R Us:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3557185

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Gonna look nice lined up next to my HISS Tanks

Came apart easy as pie, only five screws all together.

Cleaned it up with a scotch bright pad and some denatured alcohol. Rinsed with water.

Prepped nicely with just that.

Then shot it with 'Satin Indigo' semi-gloss (will add brand later) and shot the guns and rear door, and tow hook/push bar with black 'textured' paint (same brand). Both paints for plastics (pic on the can shows plastic patio furniture)

The semi-gloss was still tacky after 5 hrs of drying. The textured stuff was dry in like 20 minutes.

I'm gonna research some more and see if there's a nice cobra blue in the 'textured' version.

Next, gonna:
    hit the tracks with the textured black,
    detail the small stuff with testors paint (ropes, gas cans, bullet holes, shovels, etc.)
    add cobra stickers

more to come, as I get the time to work on this...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just need to pick up some HISS stickers from cobrastickers.com (temp old n worn sticker there for mock up)

Great job... I saw this thread last night and was so impressed I had to take a closer look at this toy when I was at Toys R Us tonight. I didn't pick one up yet, but I am fairly certain that now I will. Amazing what a good paint job can do for a toy.
    Chris

Glad you like !!

I'm pretty happy with the results myself... and it looks a lot better in person ( Glossy paint doesn't show up well in pics when I'm the cameraman )

The true heroes line has some good looking stuff... Got my eye on the F22 and the chinook helicopter.

Check out the TRU website, all true heroes stuff is buy one get one 1/2 off.
    Special ends today though!!

very nice.
    I've been using mostly flats for paints instead of glossy, tends to give things a more worn look than gloss does. I've been looking at buying those sets and customizing, you just might have convinced me it's worth it.