My very own Custom Cobra Lego's Check'em out

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

My very own Custom Cobra Lego's Check'em out

Hi all, it's been a while since my last post. I've been off doing some custom work to make some nice MOC. In one of my post I asked about Lego Joe's and received the BIJoe website. I was inspired by the creator to make my own and so I did. I deceided on Waterslide decals and the process, for anyone who doesn't know it's a very time consuming and detailed venture. It took brasso, money, krylon, websites, purchases, waiting for parts, decal setting solutions, gloss finish, and some time but I think I've got the hang of it. Anyway, your feedback is extremely valuable at this point, just understand that I've taken it a step beyond most creators and put belts, arm insignias, and leg decals on most. So please Cobra Brothers, lovers of the Joe's give me a little wisdom from your eyes. Take a few minutes to look at them on Brickshelf and tell me was it all worth it.....missed you guys.

Right now i'm working on Eels, Tele-Vipers, Jinx, Dusty, Firefly, and Copperhead. So they shoud be ready soon. Oh, and notice the screw decal on their backs, thought it would be a nice touch.

Jeremy...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...?m=Legokilla01
    Last edited by oLd ScHoOl ToYs; 03-05-2006 at 01:13 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

do you sell these? i would love to get one of the little vipers

WOW! That's really good! How did you do the details, are they stickers?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've said it before and i'll say it again, If Hasbro would have made BTR this instead of what we got, they would have a goldmine.
    Those are probably the best Lego customs i've seen. great stuff man.
    Booya!

Quote Originally Posted by 82to87Joes
    do you sell these? i would love to get one of the little vipers
    I'd love to sell you one, LOL . I read somewhere about trade mark infrindgment or something to that effect. There were a few people who started selling these on ebay and got the LETTER...That viper is the only one I've made so far so he is truly one of a kind. When I get finished with the ones Im working on, I'll figure out something and get back with you for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogi
    WOW! That's really good! How did you do the details, are they stickers?
    Great Question Shogi, I've been dying to talk about it. Ok, so I buy a vector art program so that the images are smooth. I used the original 80's toys to draw the decals, tried to match the colors as close as I could get them. When all thats done they are printed on a Clear or White Waterslide decal paper. The same ones used for decal application on model cars or trains. Waterslides are a sticker-like film. Much harder to deal with. I wanted them to look painted on and you cant get that with a sticker. It's very hard to see the decal outlines when using the Waterslides, so they actually look painted on if the colors are really close.

WWW.FBTB.net and http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/s are good sorces on the subject

Quote Originally Posted by oLd ScHoOl ToYs
    Great Question Shogi, I've been dying to talk about it. Ok, so I buy a vector art program so that the images are smooth. I used the original 80's toys to draw the decals, tried to match the colors as close as I could get them. When all thats done they are printed on a Clear or White Waterslide decal paper. The same ones used for decal application on model cars or trains. Waterslides are a sticker-like film. Much harder to deal with. I wanted them to look painted on and you cant get that with a sticker. It's very hard to see the decal outlines when using the Waterslides, so they actually look painted on if the colors are really close.

WWW.FBTB.net and http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/s are good sorces on the subject
    yeah that's much more work than I would have done ( I hate those model stickers, just because I'm not that good with them) but the hard work shows in the final product, they do look painted/printed on like an original lego toy

wow, those are fantastic. I'm not a lego guy myself, but I surely appreciate the talent, effort and creativity that goes into them. I can't wait to see more.

Yes please let us know if you ever start selling these... I'd buy a whole set of them