Am I The Only One a Little Disappointed in PoC? - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny
    fed ex came to my door today with my Hasbro order for the Vamp the Fury/rage my 2nd ice cutter and 2nd awestriker (oops if you order from more than one place keep a list kiddies!)
    Double Clutch is cool and so is the AV officer I just might have plans for 3 AV officers if I cant get shock troopers.
    Does the AV come fully equipped (shield, gun, etc...)?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by willie&joe
    Does the AV come fully equipped (shield, gun, etc...)?
    helmet and vest with knife only, I think he has enough firepower with the Fury. and what I plan to use them for... they won't need weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by skinny
    helmet and vest with knife only, I think he has enough firepower with the Fury. and what I plan to use them for... they won't need weapons.
    .........meat shields for Firefly???
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Now that I have all the main POC figures (aside from TRU and W2 drivers), I am more happy than not with most of it. The only figure I think is truly awful, woeful and pathetic is W2 Snake Eyes. What are they thinking? Recondo is all right, but pretty silly with the Zulu mask and man-traps. Also, I can't get Destro's gimmick to work, is it supposed to squirt water?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronz
    Recondo is all right, but pretty silly with the Zulu mask and man-traps.
    I thought that was some kind of blood crazed ewok

I agree, Recondo is average at best- mine seems to have a hunchback or something. I was initially blown away by all the gear but as I opened him, it all seems like a giant mess- I do like the backpack but probably would be better without the zipline.

Favs are still Dusty and Duke- keep it simple Hasbro!!
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris
    Firefly has no authority of command over Alley Viper officers. In fact, with all of that armor, Firefly is made to sit in the Rage tank's turret seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris
    If Firefly is standing in the middle of the street and needs meat shields, he's not doing his job right
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html

I can't figure out arctic blast Destro either. The pack as a button, maybe... connecting the hose to the gun was a chore, I ended up attaching it to the top small tank. The two pieces of ice just seem dumb and the goggles for mine does not fit over the head to cover his eyes.
    I don't get the ice drill accessory. I swear we are getting "adventure" team accessories these days. Every other ROC Viper figure seemed to have an axe or four, a pole arm to hook something while on a boat, chain saws and now an ice drill.
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

Quote Originally Posted by cardensb
    I can't figure out arctic blast Destro either. The pack as a button, maybe... connecting the hose to the gun was a chore, I ended up attaching it to the top small tank. The two pieces of ice just seem dumb and the goggles for mine does not fit over the head to cover his eyes.
    I don't get the ice drill accessory. I swear we are getting "adventure" team accessories these days. Every other ROC Viper figure seemed to have an axe or four, a pole arm to hook something while on a boat, chain saws and now an ice drill.
    Destro is actually from Wisconsin and he enjoys ice fishing.

My son got his first POC figures the other day; Duke, Beachhead, Alley Viper & Firefly.
    I though Beachhead (my fav character) was pretty cool. He has some issues holding his weapons though. Duke (who I've never been a fan of) is probably the best verson I have seen. Firefly (one of my fav cobras) was OK. The figure is pretty good, but just doesn't fit the Firefly image IMO.
    Alley Viper was the biggest disapointment. this was one of my fav figures as a kid, and maybe due to the hype, my expectations were too high. His helmets are cool, but are quite loose and don't seem to fit very well. The undersized pin head and matchstick neck are a real distraction and to me, the lower legs seem a bit too skinny and have a strange angle.
    Dusty and the exclusives are on the way!