Am I The Only One a Little Disappointed in PoC? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes1974
    They are out there, I have seen atleast ten all together between the few targets i have visited. Target is really keeping up with a better stock than anyone else around here.
    Then why don't you hook the brother up!
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Night Viper
    Then why don't you hook the brother up!
    I do what I can and can only help if I know what is being looked for and what has been found.

I'm not an expert on figures or anything but I think these are some of, if not the best toys Hasbro has ever done. The amount of detail on these figures is outstanding.

I don't collect vehicles except for V.A.M.P.s so I can't really comment on those.
    World's biggest Clutch fan, (self-proclaimed).

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...213#post478213

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cageyJG
    I have been slow to join in the hunt, just went to TRU today for a look-see. They did have CC, I passed him up. Is he really a "chase" figure, i.e. HTF?
    One per case so no technically no. If he's a chase then so are Snow Job and the Alley Viper. Hasbro referred to him as a chase figure but he's readily available. That's not stopping people from selling them as "rare" figures on ebay though.

If I remember right Cobra Commander was going to be a mail in figure, then they changed him to a chase figure, then just a regularly available one.

I've really liked every figure except tornado SE. I'm also a big sucker for environment themed figures so this line is pretty much perfect for me. That and they've been easier to find than 25th stuff ever was in my area. Its a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by Satandy
    That and they've been easier to find than 25th stuff ever was in my area. Its a good time!
    Oh for sure. Wal-mart and TRU around here bailed on the 25th line very early. They were only available in specialty shops and some of figures from the last waves cost $20 each.

It seems like a lot of people are completely oblivious to the P.O.C. line. Several times I've gone into WM and the figures haven't been touched at all. That usually never happens.

[quote=Satandy]I've really liked every figure except tornado SE.[quote]

I have to agree with this being the only figure so far that I really dont like. I got him opened him and then came on the dissappointment, but the rest have been descent figures considering what we have gotten since the restart with the GI Joe vs Cobra era. We have gotten some nice updates, even though we can see some other movie likeness to them, they are still nice updates and with the 25th articulation and detail. Recondo and Zartan are my favorites so far out of the single figures and I like both of the vipers troop building figs we have gotten to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak5170
    I'm not an expert on figures or anything but I think these are some of, if not the best toys Hasbro has ever done. The amount of detail on these figures is outstanding.
    Absolutely. I usually pass on environment-specific figures, but even I couldn't go without adding the POC Dusty to my collection. The third wave looks to be the best so far with the Cobra Shock Trooper, a Duke that's likely to replace the 25th Anniversary version in my display, and that fantastic Snake-Eyes.

And speaking of Snake-Eyes, he's the property's most popular character and biggest seller. Hasbro would be making a huge mistake if they didn't make him consistently available. If you already have too many versions to buy one of these, then they're not for you. Believe it or not, there are casual collectors out there who haven't purchased every figure from the line's history. After The Rise Of Cobra, there are a lot more kids interested in the property than there were three years ago, as well. You know who they want? Snake-Eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Compulsive Collector
    Absolutely. I usually pass on environment-specific figures, but even I couldn't go without adding the POC Dusty to my collection. The third wave looks to be the best so far with the Cobra Shock Trooper, a Duke that's likely to replace the 25th Anniversary version in my display, and that fantastic Snake-Eyes.

And speaking of Snake-Eyes, he's the property's most popular character and biggest seller. Hasbro would be making a huge mistake if they didn't make him consistently available. If you already have too many versions to buy one of these, then they're not for you. Believe it or not, there are casual collectors out there who haven't purchased every figure from the line's history. After The Rise Of Cobra, there are a lot more kids interested in the property than there were three years ago, as well. You know who they want? Snake-Eyes.
    Yup. It's the same reason why Wolverine and Deadpool are in 35 comics every month. Personally I find over-exposure to be a sure-fire way to get me to hate a character. I can't get excited about wave 3 simply because we're getting yet another Duke and Snake-Eyes. I've always preferred the B-List characters anyway. The one I'm most excited about is Low-Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak5170
    Yup. It's the same reason why Wolverine and Deadpool are in 35 comics every month. Personally I find over-exposure to be a sure-fire way to get me to hate a character. I can't get excited about wave 3 simply because we're getting yet another Duke and Snake-Eyes. I've always preferred the B-List characters anyway. The one I'm most excited about is Low-Light.

It is totally different with comics though. I haven't seen a person in a comic shop under about 20 years old since the late 90s. And that was me.

I don't have many problems with so many snake eyes and the like, if they have to be there to keep the line in stores so be it. The main problem I do have though is completely new tooling on the main-stays. If that stuff is so expensive to do why not spend it on different characters instead of creating new different molds for the same 4 characters.

having said that, I wish i could find any of this figures outside the 2 I have so i could be as bummed about them as the rest of you.
    firefly owns you!