Am I The Only One a Little Disappointed in PoC? - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Night Viper
    Lol, well if your shame becomes unbearable, I might be willing to help relieve you of some of it

I will keep that in mind sir.
    World's biggest Clutch fan, (self-proclaimed).

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...213#post478213

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Puundragon
    ...Plus what is with all of the missle launchers? I thought they were stupid in the ROC series figs but now they are on all the vehicles. Weren't the missile launchers what helped kill the series in 94?
    They have to make the kids happy. The Hasbro executives want play value in these toys so children buy them. At least that's why I think we get swinging Snake Eyes and big missile launchers.

The vehicle missile launchers could be worse. At least Hasbro made them look nice so that they can be used without the missiles.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think I will probably end up with another Cobra Fury somewhere, maybe even two. There are better vehicles than the VAMP, though. The BBI Elite Force Hummer and Super Hummer, for example.

Every time I see that HISS, though...I just keep saying, nah, but my son will end up with one for Christmas because he's nuts about and THAT is what Hasbro was shooting for.

I'd rather get another Cobra Gunship from ROC than the new HISS. I do want to modify one of the Star Wars Republic Fighter Tank into a Cobra vehicle.

pfunk
    If at first you don't succeed...then parachuting is probably not for you.

cant wait till 2012...30 yr ann.2 more yrs guys(lets hope)...

f**k the movie crap.(unwatchable) they need a real director and some1 who can bring back the 80s cartoon/comic style back. peter jackson,frank miller, some1 with a brain PLz.

btw just my 2cents.

The movie wasn't necessarily bad, it was typical summer action fluff. Trouble is, anything short of comic book canon wasn't going to please any of the die-hards.

The toys that came out from it weren't all that great. I had a bunch of them, but gave the bulk of it to my son. About the only decent thing to come out of that line was the Elite-Viper.

pfunk

Quote Originally Posted by uberthawk
    cant wait till 2012...30 yr ann.2 more yrs guys(lets hope)...

f**k the movie crap.(unwatchable) they need a real director and some1 who can bring back the 80s cartoon/comic style back. peter jackson,frank miller, some1 with a brain PLz.

btw just my 2cents.

The problem with making a movie that captures the 80's comic or cartoon is that you either end up with a cartoon movie, or something akin to the old Adam West Batman. Movie studios today will NOT invest millions on some campy-looking flick, and besides Disney/Pixar no one else does big budget animated movies... well, maybe a couple companies in Japan, but I noticed Sigma 6 wasn't cited as an improvemet.

That said, they could have done a lot better... but we'd still have lots of people POed about it

I am going to be fair, though. No sense downing everything when there are some good things to be found.

First, the new Beachhead is arguably the best one yet. True, his hand grip strength isn't as good as others, but it's not terrible and he's one awesome-looking figure.

Likewise, the new Dusty is an excellent, and timely, addition. He really shines in terms of excellence. Hasbro just did a good job.

The new Storm Shadow looks like a medieval ninja...or an extra from Ubi's Assassin's Creed series...which is probably what a ninja should look like.

The coming Cobra Shock Trooper and Low-Light are going to be absolute hits. I will army build with that Shock Trooper.

pfunk

Does anyone else wish that Dusty came with a new version of Sandstorm, the coyote that came with Dusty v.3?

Yeah, the barbed wire is a little useless. The coyote would have been darn cool, but I like the figure pretty much the way it is.

I want a new Major Bludd. I'd love to see them upgrade his look, maybe give him a more modern theme with Russian tac gear and weapons.

pfunk