Am I The Only One a Little Disappointed in PoC? - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PFunk
    Yeah, the barbed wire is a little useless. The coyote would have been darn cool, but I like the figure pretty much the way it is.

pfunk
    I'm just the other way. This isn't Harry Potter and these guys don't need "familiars". The barbwire is a neat addition for me and I'd actually like to see longer sections of it. It could be stretched out and attached to vehicles or wrapped our outposts etc. On it's own, it's a little short, but if they include more rolls with other stuff it would be nice.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PFunk
    First, the new Beachhead is arguably the best one yet. True, his hand grip strength isn't as good as others, but it's not terrible and he's one awesome-looking figure.
    I like the new Beachhead and did a hand swap with the version that came with the snarler bike to help with the holding issue, his new hands work great!!!! The new dusty is a great one to, I'm to sure about the barbwire though even though they worked it in on his filecard, but a new version of sandstorm would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakemesh
    I'm just the other way. This isn't Harry Potter and these guys don't need "familiars".
    BAAAH!!! That is funny

Is it me or is anyone else surprised that there aren't any female figures???? Seems like we've had Scarlett's and Baronesses shoved down our throats for awhile.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Female figures did so badly around my city the last couple of years that at one point even Helix was a peg warmer. At one point a Wal-mart had a dozen paratrooper Scarletts as their only Joes for about six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronz
    Female figures did so badly around my city the last couple of years that at one point even Helix was a peg warmer. At one point a Wal-mart had a dozen paratrooper Scarletts as their only Joes for about six months.
    That's pretty much been my experience as well. You'd think with all the Duke, CC and Snake Eyes released that they would be as well.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dakemesh
    I'm just the other way. This isn't Harry Potter and these guys don't need "familiars". The barbwire is a neat addition for me and I'd actually like to see longer sections of it. It could be stretched out and attached to vehicles or wrapped our outposts etc. On it's own, it's a little short, but if they include more rolls with other stuff it would be nice.
    What do you mean Harry Potter? The Joe animals predate all of that nonsense. It's just a neat accessory. After how good Timber turned out, why not another animal. Besides, I see the PoC line as the successor to the 25th anniversary line. PoC is what the '90-'92 line of Joe figures to ARAH.

Like you said, the barbed wire that Dusty comes with a little short. It's so short as to be a pointless accessory. There's also no way to attach it to anything.

Heh yes - Joe predates Potter I was just putting it in more modern terms. This isn't D & D then.

Seriously, it's not that it bothers me, it's just if they're going to use plastic on something, I'd rather it was something even remotely useful vs another domesticated "wild" animal.

Law and Order and Mutt and Junkyard? Of course. Snake Eyes... eh ok goes along with his change from commando to ninja. But I never really understood adding a Coyote to Dusty personally. In the end, I wouldn't complain if he had been included, but it doesn't bother me if he isn't and the barb wire can easily be softened and stretched a bit.

After the fact it might have been neat if they did add one, to nip off his ears and name him "Nubs" after that half-wild dog a soldier brought home from Iraq.

Has anyone else seen the black Hiss that's being released? I already bought two browns and seeing the black one I immediately got the itch to buy get black ones to. POC now owns me. Two Hiss tanks, 6 Alley Vipers, 2 Fireflys, 2 Beach Head's and one of everyone else (except Recondo and the freakin' Jungle Vipers that I haven't been able to find) and I still keep obsessively cmbing the stores for more. I am afraid that the unintentional hiatus from buying that I took when the movie stuff was all that was available has driven me crazy. I even bought tornado kick Snake-Eyes and I don't need anymore SnakeEyes probably ever. Oh well, at least it's fun again. Now I gotta go buy a Snowcat, a Doom Cycle and a Ghost hawk. And find Recondo, a bunch of Jungle Vipers and more Alley-Vipers. When are the Shock Troopers coming out? Need a dozen of those and some.....

If I collected the new stuff, I think I would really dig this POC stuff. I finally found some POC figs at Target. I needed an army builder for my fantasy football pool, and got the jungle viper. He looks pretty decent. The recondo is awesome. I love the bear traps, two I think. Definetly fits the tracker mold to a T. Dusty looked OK, but not that impressed. Destro looked dumb but Zartan kicks booty.

Quote Originally Posted by autarch1975
    (except Recondo and the freakin' Jungle Vipers that I haven't been able to find)
    That's what you get for taking all the Alley Vipers, lol. But seriously, Recondo is by far the most difficult item from the entire P.O.C. to obtain, (at least around here). Specialty shops in my area charge more for him than anyone else by far - he can even costs as much or more than some of the vehicles.
    World's biggest Clutch fan, (self-proclaimed).

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...213#post478213