Am I The Only One a Little Disappointed in PoC?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Am I The Only One a Little Disappointed in PoC?

The new figures just aren't jumping out at me, and maybe it's my inner kid, but I keep getting drawn back to the 25th Anniversary line.

Some of the new vehicles like the VAMP and Cobra Fury are cool, but there are only two figures that I really like, Dusty and Beachhead.

pfunk
    If at first you don't succeed...then parachuting is probably not for you.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm with ya halfway. While I think Jungle Viper might be a great figure, and the Alley Viper and Cobra Commander are pretty slick. The rest of them do not intrest me really. Beachead looks cool, but I have so many Beacheads that there is no point.

Cobra's are pretty cool just because the nature of the beast. Repeat troopers are usually cool, but 80 versions of Snake Eyes is stupid. I mean they had 2 versions on the pegs...silly.

Went to Traget today and some a-hole had bought literlly the entire second wave in multiples. There was a freaking dusty on the pegs and a Destro and some a few wave 1's that are basically peg poison already.

I understand wanting a few multiples, but WTF...why do you need 3-4 Zartans and crap? Unless your being a tard and buying them all up to re-sell.

Super dumb as well. These things don't seem to be going over too well past the inital exposure. The WalMart near me has not sold figure #1 except what I've bought. I go everydya and scout the inventory, and they aren't selling anything. It sux cause there is no telling when they'll put ot there wave 2 stuff. :/

Quote Originally Posted by CobraLALALALA
    I'm with ya halfway. While I think Jungle Viper might be a great figure, and the Alley Viper and Cobra Commander are pretty slick. The rest of them do not intrest me really. Beachead looks cool, but I have so many Beacheads that there is no point.

Cobra's are pretty cool just because the nature of the beast. Repeat troopers are usually cool, but 80 versions of Snake Eyes is stupid. I mean they had 2 versions on the pegs...silly.
    Abso-freakin'-lutely, Corey.

Give us a new version of Major Bludd. Or maybe a new Cobra Viper. A new EOD guy like Tripwire or Tunnel Rat. Maybe Grunt or Short-Fuze.

I know Snake-Eyes is a huge marquee name for the Joe line, but good heavens, we're up version...what, now? 70? That's just a little over the top.

pfunk
    If at first you don't succeed...then parachuting is probably not for you.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've been totally picking and choosing what to get since ROC. It's been nice on the wallet though. I guess I never realized how much I used to blow on GI Joe merchandise. Now the surplus goes into other interests like my ride.

I'm mainly disappointed in the distribution. I keep going into stores only to find empty pegs. I ran a search on eBay today looking to see if anyone was selling single carded PoC figures within a hundred mile radius of my zip code and I couldn't find one auction for them. From my observations, it doesn't look like they're putting out many cases in my area.

I have been slow to join in the hunt, just went to TRU today for a look-see. They did have CC, I passed him up. Is he really a "chase" figure, i.e. HTF?

For the rest, I'm coming from the low-density collector's perspective, maybe along the lines as with some of you.

Figs: I want Jungle Viper and Dusty. I also want the Cobra riot policeman with the riot shield, I guess that's not Alley Viper, right?

Vehicles: Awe Striker will be great. Doom Cycle is cool, but will prob pass due to having so little room left. I have SE/SS cycles from Target ROC already.

Im not really a fan of the PoC line so far, but that's only because i just want 1 figure of each character and so far all this line is, is just re-release after re-release. Vehicles however im on board for however they seem awfully cheap and easy to put together and for some reason......i don't like it
    Looking for 25th IGs,Alpine,Leatherneck and Short Fuze

I think retailers might be a little gun-shy after ROC. That could explain why they aren't carrying or putting out very little POC. One of the two walmarts I consider within driving distance of me has an entire end cap with ROC figs, at least 40+ guys. So that walmart may never see any POC figures.

But addressing the op question, I think the first wave was the best I've seen through wave 3, even though I only bought about 5 different figures. The only thing good in waves 2 and 3 are the army builders and Dusty. It started out promising, but I'm beginning to doubt the future of POC They need to diversify with characters really quick, otherwise we're headed towards another ditch with multiples of Duke, Snakes, and SS!
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html

I'd be happy if I could find just ONE Jungle-Viper! I guess everyone's buying them up.

Quote Originally Posted by JMM82
    I'd be happy if I could find just ONE Jungle-Viper! I guess everyone's buying them up.
    They are out there, I have seen atleast ten all together between the few targets i have visited. Target is really keeping up with a better stock than anyone else around here.