Am I The Only One a Little Disappointed in PoC? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I'm most disappointed in the vehicle stickers. It's okay for Hasbro come up with new graphics and all, but they need to make the stickers so that we can actually see them on the vehicles. Right now I have the Ghost HAWK and HISS tank. Both have stickers whose graphics/text disappear when placed onto the vehicles.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ARAH is the only way to go. They started to go in the right direction with the 25th they looked great on card on the wall but once you started opening them i lost interest fast. I mean come on a Viper that wont stand up even with a stand ROC POC I dont quite get it, why make anymore the movie was a total flop. They made so many snake eyes i cant stand him anymore and lets be honest there hasnt been a really great snakes since v1 & v2. What does POC stand for anyway Push Over Customer? Everything since the 25th has been crap. (With the exception of those black snakes those were awesome once you threw the figure away). The Nightraven was a major disapointment with the pump action missle launcher wtf was that about wasted $40 on that. I could go on but why anybody buys this stuff still absolutly amazes me. Target cant even give it away 1.25 a figure on clearence and they still sit there. Maybe i'm just too old and nostalgic for the original toy line. But to each there own new gen and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak5170
    Oh for sure. Wal-mart and TRU around here bailed on the 25th line very early. They were only available in specialty shops and some of figures from the last waves cost $20 each.

It seems like a lot of people are completely oblivious to the P.O.C. line. Several times I've gone into WM and the figures haven't been touched at all. That usually never happens.

Because nobody wants them

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have to disagree with most. I think the POC line has taken a bit of a turn that SW has but we kept or improved articulation.
    I miss the o-ring but the detailing and accessories are so much better.
    I agree we have a lot of SE, SS, and Dukes and they are clogging the pegs already but they seem to be the figures that I see kids carrying out.
    I wish they would produce more of the army builders though. I don't army build but it would be nice to see more than one Alley-Viper - I feel guilty buying a second when the one on the peg is only the second one I have seen.

I have only found tornado SE from Wave 2 and was disappointed before I even saw him in person. Hasbro is not going to win me with spring loaded weapons or figures' limbs.

I am pumped about Lowlight, the "ultimate SE" and Zartan though. The new Destro (arctic) looks like a let down but the one shown in the GIJCC mag with the mini-gun looks great.
    I never even opened the wave 1 CC, the packaging is the only thing that caught my attention to buy him.
    Wave 1 Firefly was "okay" but I think we have had better versions recently. SS (desert mummy guy) was a disappointment too. I like the 25th versions much better.
    Snow Job rocks although his gear is a little "adventurer-y" with the stove, skillet and fuel can.
    I really dig the SE with Timber (moving head). I re-pose him constantly - love the twin SMGs on D-rings.

I am hoping the Neon Doc gets marked down, I want to do a head swap with Beachhead maybe and swap out the gear. (no holster to keep Doc in pacifist theme and the PED with cable could be a med device)

Ramble complete
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

I like the P.O.C. line. The Duke is the best one I've ever seen, I am in the minority, but I love the new Firefly. I just put his alternate head in my bits box, in case I want it for converting someone later. The Alley-Vipers are fantastic, as are the Jungle Vipers. And how ca you beat all the great accessories? Opening backpacks, flashlights, mines, cooking stoves, the list is nearly endless. Aside from the Cobra Commander figure (who is just a big bowl of yuck) I love the line. God, I sound like a kissass, but I can't help it. After the Rise of Cobra debacle, this seems like a line that is more for the fans and not just to push someone's crap re-imagining of the G.I. Joe brand. Although everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just thought I'd chuck mine in too.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly owns you
    having said that, I wish i could find any of this figures outside the 2 I have so i could be as bummed about them as the rest of you.
    Which two do you have?
    World's biggest Clutch fan, (self-proclaimed).

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...213#post478213

Quote Originally Posted by cardensb
    I never even opened the wave 1 CC, the packaging is the only thing that caught my attention to buy him.
    I'm a self-admitted MOC-hater but even I bought C.C. because of the cool card, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by autarch1975
    I am in the minority, but I love the new Firefly. I just put his alternate head in my bits box, in case I want it for converting someone later.
    Firefly is definitely one of my favourites so far. I never really buy multiples but I grabbed two of him so I could display him with both heads.

Your love of joes is probably mostly nostalgia (nothing wrong with that). A lot of us liked the updated figure style with 25th stuff, and with POC we like that the figures reflect a more modern army figure with really awesome accessories.

The POC stuff was originally movie related but they took away the actors likenesses and just made them as updated versions of classic characters.

Besides, if you only liked ARAH there is no need to go to the toy store anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobras Toys
    ARAH is the only way to go. They started to go in the right direction with the 25th they looked great on card on the wall but once you started opening them i lost interest fast. I mean come on a Viper that wont stand up even with a stand ROC POC I dont quite get it, why make anymore the movie was a total flop. They made so many snake eyes i cant stand him anymore and lets be honest there hasnt been a really great snakes since v1 & v2. What does POC stand for anyway Push Over Customer? Everything since the 25th has been crap. (With the exception of those black snakes those were awesome once you threw the figure away). The Nightraven was a major disapointment with the pump action missle launcher wtf was that about wasted $40 on that. I could go on but why anybody buys this stuff still absolutly amazes me. Target cant even give it away 1.25 a figure on clearence and they still sit there. Maybe i'm just too old and nostalgic for the original toy line. But to each there own new gen and all that

No matter what, Hasbro is doing much better on it's own than having to follow the character designs of that crap movie.