what is so special ?

yojoe.com

what is so special ?

I don't really know all that much about G.I.JOE's to be honest , except what little I remember as a kid & what I've heard and learnd from people on here . My question is why is this worth so much compared to the other exspensive auctions the seller has up on eBay right now ? did it come out a year before regular production release or something ? Thank you

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-Joe-JC-Penny-...item3a5f67c3b1
    Last edited by navy viper; 10-10-2010 at 02:03 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I hope there's a gold brick inside that box.

I would believe the real value would be that this was a 1984 Christmas item from JC Penny? The Bridgelayer actually came out in 1985, but similar to the dreadnoks of the same year came a little early for retailers like Pennys. I doubt the value stated in the auction, just fishing!!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

it must be one of those Bedazzled bridgelayers

I guess it's that thin cardboard shipping carton and paper tape that makes it worth over $3,000. You can't even enjoy the box artwork. The only thing to do with something like this is to send to AFA and maybe get the best grade ever for a MISB Bridgelayer.

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.

well, that's a little more than i could afford. I could only Imagine the beatings I would take if I actually could afford it.
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    That listing has been up for months and months....which leads me to the conclusion that it is not really worth the asking price....
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

i think he is hoping there is someone out there who just happen to find ebay and then be looking for just that one item to complete the set. and bam he buys it and then he is happy and we all clap and cheer he spend close to 4k for a cardboard box cover over something he will never see to enjoy the cool art of covergirl.

now that i think about it i got a nice sweater from my grandmother when i was little it looked kinda like that same box but it had the ends on it.

o yeah way to go Brett way to go (said in a peter griffin voice)

Quote Originally Posted by GiJoeFan
    ...4k for a cardboard box cover over something he will never see...
    Like expensive MISB vehicles encased in AFA cases. Or just MISB and never seeing what's inside.