"Ask Sideshow" GI Joe Q&A Highlights

yojoe.com

"Ask Sideshow" GI Joe Q&A Highlights

New 12-inch figures announced...

Sideshow recently wrapped another round of "Ask Sideshow" Q&A. Below our highlights with numerous illuminating GI Joe product reveals. Read on...

When can we expect to see a Destro or Croc Master show up in your G.I. Joe line? And in what scale/version?

Destro is a lock for a late 2011 (or possibly early 2012) reveal, perhaps in two different formats at about the same time. Croc Master doesn't have any definite plan, not yet.
    I would like to know if some of these characters are in your plans for the 12-inch G.I. Joe line: Strato Viper, 1986 Viper, Cross Country, SciFi, Xamot & Tomax.

The 1986 Viper is getting the 12-inch treatment for a fact, and the twins are good possibilities (but a little further down the road).
    Is a Blowtorch or Barbecue a character that Sideshow will consider realistic enough for 1/6th scale G.I. Joe?

Blowtorch made it to our planning, but has yet to find a ‘locked’ position in our development track. Our Creative Director, Tom Gilliland, has a serious soft spot for Blowtorch, thanks to his time working for Toys ‘R Us back in 1984/5/6. There was a kid that came every day to the store asking for Blowtorch, and one day, Tom was finally able to connect that kid with his long-sought-after figure, and it left a strong impression on Tom.
    Have there been any discussions and/or plans for you to release 12-inch versions of the GI Joe Adventure Team?

Yes, especially with the possible inclusion of Bigfoot. We like the idea, but it is lower priority than our current Joe VS Cobra focus.

Last edited by JeffSaylor; 11-02-2010 at 03:50 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I personally believe Sideshow's 12-inch line is fantastic. But unfortunately, they are just a bit too pricey to make me start collecting them (I'm glad I got my hands on Snake Eyes, but that's it so far). To me, they would just be an addition to my 3 3/4" collection. But when I calculate the total cost, taking into account shipping costs and possible import taxes, they are just too expensive. A pity, it would have been nice if these would have aimed at a bigger public, at a more affordable price ($40-50 price range). But I realize of course that this is not exactly the public Sideshow is aiming at.