Cobra de Aco - need help! - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks guys and thanks 300. I will inspect closely when I get him. I hope your right in that this is authentic. Its shipping out of Brazil so I should see it in a week or 2. In the mean time I am going to dig up the other example on the net where I found the squares to be silver as well.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hello guys, I'm brazilian so sorry about my bad english. I have one Cobra de Aço here I got from my daddy when I was a child and a torso I got from a friend. The thing is: when it first came out by Estrela in 1986, the "buckles" where black (like mine two here) but later (around 1990) Estrela re-released it again as "classics series" and these Cobra de Aço had full silver shouders. I remember it because another friend bought it and we found this diference. So your action figure is the "secound release" so to speak. The "classics series re-released" was Cobra de Aço, Recondo, Mutt, Blowtorch, Spirit and Doc. Hope I helped you.

Wow, good info from someone who lived it. Now just trade me one

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Crisesse View Post
    Hello guys, I'm brazilian so sorry about my bad english. I have one Cobra de Aço here I got from my daddy when I was a child and a torso I got from a friend. The thing is: when it first came out by Estrela in 1986, the "buckles" where black (like mine two here) but later (around 1990) Estrela re-released it again as "classics series" and these Cobra de Aço had full silver shouders. I remember it because another friend bought it and we found this diference. So your action figure is the "secound release" so to speak. The "classics series re-released" was Cobra de Aço, Recondo, Mutt, Blowtorch, Spirit and Doc. Hope I helped you.
    Nothing to apologize about your English! Thank you for your contribution. I did not know these were released twice, very interesting. The bad news is now I have to find a first release for my collection. Thanks my friend!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-11-04 19.45.30.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	8161
    Here you can see (barely, I know) the black buckles. I forgot to say that there is the "ESTRELA" on the back of the figure, tried to take a picture but my celfone camera is... poor.
    My Cobra de Aço is on a very bad condition, if I knew the rarity of this figure back in the day, I would take a better care of it.
    Last edited by Crisesse; 11-04-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Just to show you guys another exemple of this second release. Here is a Blowtorch. Is lot more preserved than the Aço because I was much older when I got it. Is a very good piece if you ask me, identical the first release.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-11-04 19.46.01.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	475.9 KB 
ID:	8171
    Last edited by Crisesse; 11-04-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turner View Post
    Wow, good info from someone who lived it. Now just trade me one
    Happy to help! About the trade... I dont know, just see the poor condition of my Cobra de Aço above

I just checked and i have the first version cobra de aco. I wonder which version is easier to find.
    They say it is ok to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer. But sometimes you need to have intelligent conversations.
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/10394...want-list.html

Quote Originally Posted by dominic.18 View Post
    I just checked and i have the first version cobra de aco. I wonder which version is easier to find.

Probably the first wave since it was more larger in quantity than the second one. I spent the local web here in Brazil and I found only the firt wave and it costs around US$ 100,00 each!!!! I would trade mine for a good set of 25th hehehehe.

Whoa! two versions? That is awesome. Now I gotta drag my 4 out of storage to see what I have.