New Joe Guide Coming soon - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I know I'll be getting one for sure. I can't wait to see it at the Con.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Tolan
    Last edited by Tolan; 03-23-2011 at 11:08 PM. Reason: image too large for board

I can't wait for this book. I'm so glad I collected most of the 1997-2007 o-ring figures and toys. It's amazing how many thing were released during that period.
    Last edited by spiderpumpkin; 03-24-2011 at 03:54 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I met James yesterday and sadly did not have $40 bucks on me . I have to say in the few minutes I got to meet him and speak with him he is a really cool guy.

His R.A.H.C. book is Amazing! Thick durable pages, great color pages, so much detail went into this book. I can't wait to buy one of these.

If you buy nothing else on the sales floor, this is a MUST HAVE item.
    What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

Hi all! Sales have been going strong but it's not too late to pick up your copy of this very limited edition resource guide! It has been an exciting honor o set up at The Canadian Joe Con and Coil Con II and the next stop will be Wizard World Chicago. Stop by and say hi and check out the guide if you haven't already.
    Have constant patience and die a reason

http://www.rahcguide.com

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    i picked this guide up at the toy show in columbus. as a joe collector i was pretty impressed with it. I saw it in prototype form at yojoencsu's house a while back, but the actual book is really good. the price is kinda steep at 40 bucks, but there are a couple factors that offset that.

1st, there just isn't any resource for identifying "2nd generation" joes. that was a term i learned in the book, and i thought it was a very good term.

2nd, it is pretty obvious that the book was an obsession of a collector and not a gimmic. here's what i mean:

all the photos of the figures are uniformly sized, crisp and clear. the vehicles are the same way. they are origized in a way that a collector would present them (the figure lines from year to year, then the special stuff like convention items in the back).
    it has a quick refence guide for accessories, and an index! both are super welcome ideas for a book on collecting.
    i looked for mistakes, but right off the top of my head, all the mistakes i knew of were noted at some point on the page with the figure or his vehicle. sometimes i had to look for that info, as i didn't take the time to familarize myself with all the symbols or formats he uses for notes, but i always eventually found it listed.
    i know a lot of people don't collect these joes anymore, but there were so many vintage style figures released throughout this line, and at the conventions, it is worth having just for that. plus the accessory index is a must to quickly find re-issued weapons.
    overall i think it's the best resource on joes out there right now (of any era) and the format is one i would like to see for other collector volumes as well. unfortunately it only runs from 97 - 2007
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

Hello. Apparently some jerk that calls himself "Salty Santa" has stolen some of my books and is selling them for 25% off my price (that's $30 instead of the usual $40). Please do not buy these books from him and if you have any leads for the police I would like to press charges. Here is the link that he has posted: You found my secret discount page now buy a copy
    Have constant patience and die a reason

http://www.rahcguide.com

Funny. We should find the guy and dress him up like Dr. Mindbender at the next con and rub his head with oil or something to teach him a lesson.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

Quote Originally Posted by KuuKuuSon View Post
    Hello. Apparently some jerk that calls himself "Salty Santa" has stolen some of my books and is selling them for 25% off my price (that's $30 instead of the usual $40). Please do not buy these books from him and if you have any leads for the police I would like to press charges. Here is the link that he has posted: You found my secret discount page now buy a copy

Are you not able to contact Paypal and discuss this with them?
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors