a common problem ?

yojoe.com

a common problem ?

VINTAGE G.I.JOE SCARLET 1982 ON CARD - eBay (item 200548867488 end time Dec-05-10 13:24:40 PST)

I've seen a 83' MOC snow job w/ his rubber band broken, but how often does this happen ? I mean do many of you "hard core" collectors see this very often ? I'm just curious to know if this is a common problem for the early MOC figures & how often do they show up on the market. Thanks for the info

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    if you read the auction text the seller mentions that it looks like a reseal, and has areas that appear to have been glued. never seen a MOC with a broken crotch, o-ring yes, crotch no.
    ON CARD BUT IT LOOKS LIKE A RESEAL, HAS TEARS ON THE FRONT CARD WHERE IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS GLUED, IM NOT REALLY SURE BUT I WILL JUST SAY THIS ITEM IS AS IS
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

An honest seller? What is this world coming to?

Seriously though, I have never seen a broken part (besides O-ring) on an actual MOC figure.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've seen it only once before. Quite awhile ago, someone posted a picture here of a v1 Roadblock with a busted leg that was still sealed inside of the package.

I have seen plenty of broken o-rings as well. These toys were not built to last forever. I suppose it is possible for the plastic on the figure to become brittle and break. It happens with Mego Hulks figures. I know of several dealers now who won't ship a boxed or carded Mego Hulk as the chances are very high the plastic around the knees and in the hips will break. They have become pick up only sort of items. The funny thing is it doesn't happen with opened played with Hulks. Those are sort of "broken in" and don't break in transit - only the "new" ones do. I am not a chemist so I can't really explain all the ins and outs of it.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97 View Post
    Those are sort of "broken in" and don't break in transit - only the "new" ones do. I am not a chemist so I can't really explain all the ins and outs of it.
    I assume since the sealed figures joints have never been moved they have never been loosened. Since they have never been loosened there is constant pressure on the plastic. Now that the plastic is weaker and after years of pressure, that pressure finally breaks it.