YoJoe! Figure Reviews: Dusty and Destro!

yojoe.com

YoJoe! Figure Reviews: Dusty and Destro!

Phillip reviews two final Pursuit of Cobra Figures!

Review sponsored by BigBadToyStore.com.

For a great selection of G.I. Joe and military-themed action figures, comics and collectibles, check out BigBadToyStore.com.

Phillip reviews series two Dusty and Destro!

Archive entries:
    Destro (v26)
    Dusty (v14)
    Last edited by PJDonnell; 03-30-2011 at 03:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I agree about that barbed wire and "skirt". Why do we need a short length of barbed wire? And how can Dusty sit in the new A.W.E. Striker when he's got that stiff plastic "skirt"?

I agree with the positives too. It's a nice figure.

The Destro review almost has me convinced that I should buy one. I just don't think I need another Destro, though. I am interested in the Wave 3/4 Destro that's coming out later.

Oh, and Destro clearly needs the ice drill so that he can go ice fishing. Being safety conscious, Destro uses the ice gun to replace the hole in the ice when he is done fishing.

Making Destro as part of the Arctic mission sorta makes sense in one regard; it was on an Arctic mission in the 80's comic that he made his first appearance.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I got Dusty a F.A.M.A.S. gun from Marauder Inc. He looks good with it, like it belongs to him.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime View Post
    I got Dusty a F.A.M.A.S. gun from Marauder Inc. He looks good with it, like it belongs to him.
    Cool beans... I think I got one of those floating around. Any idea how to get the funky thigh-pad belt off without cutting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Cool beans... I think I got one of those floating around. Any idea how to get the funky thigh-pad belt off without cutting it?
    my first guess would be to remove the legs (via #0 phillips screwdriver) and the skirt should slip right off. i'm considering that myself, too...

EDIT: confirmed, just remove the legs, and then you'll have to work at the belt/skirt to get it off, because it has two recessed squares in the inside of the front (one above each leg) that fit over molded ammo-pouches on the waste of the figure underneath.
    Last edited by Forgotten Legend; 12-30-2010 at 05:16 PM.