Leaving AFA items in the poly bags, yes or no?

yojoe.com

Leaving AFA items in the poly bags, yes or no?

I have about 20 or so vintage AFA pieces that are still in their unremoved poly bags that AFA ships them back in. Should I leave them in the poly bags or do they need to breathe to stay in good shape longterm. I don't want to do anything detrimental that erodes their condition by leaving them in the bags. All my AFA pieces are stored in an air conditioned cooled climate inside my house. Just thought I'd ask to see what everyone around here suggests. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this matter.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I leave them in the bag and stored in my bedroom closet as they have to share space with the wifes shoes lol

Quote Originally Posted by grimdaddy View Post
    I have about 20 or so vintage AFA pieces that are still in their unremoved poly bags that AFA ships them back in. Should I leave them in the poly bags or do they need to breathe to stay in good shape longterm. I don't want to do anything detrimental that erodes their condition by leaving them in the bags. All my AFA pieces are stored in an air conditioned cooled climate inside my house. Just thought I'd ask to see what everyone around here suggests. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this matter.
    It's ok to store your AFA figures inside of the poly bags.

The toys breathe by the slit in the bottom of the AFA case. My poly bags are sealed with a single piece of scotch tape, which is not airtight.

Some other things I'd worry about are humidity & sunlight.
    Last edited by Da_Last_2_Walk; 02-03-2011 at 03:33 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I appreciate the heads up for sure. I live in Florida, so humidity is always a concern lol...but they stay inside an air conditioned non sunlight room.

It is good to hear the poly bags aren't causing any problems for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Last_2_Walk View Post
    It's ok to store your AFA figures inside of the poly bags.

The toys breathe by the slit in the bottom of the AFA case. My poly bags are sealed with a single piece of scotch tape, which is not airtight.

Some other things I'd worry about are humidity & sunlight.