PoC ropes in another hesitant collector - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VERY GOOD finds. Sure wish I could be that lucky.
    2.99 for the Crimson Guard set is insane!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    I have been watching the ROC and POC lines, I think i bought 40 or more 25Th figures for my kid. I only bought 6 or 8 ROC figures, most of those were 2 for 10 bucks when they were on sale when the movie came out. I hadn't bought any POC stuff until a few weeks ago when i finally found an alley viper at retail, and i ended up picking up 3 before Monday (all at 6.99 each). i was generally unimpressed with the line, but i read a post on another site about how collectors ruin store stock by buying cases online, then buying the "good" figures at the local stores, and returning the "less desirable" figures from their cases to the local merchants, leaving the local stores saturated with unwanted figures.
    so i just kept being patient and persistent, and finally i caught a fresh case of wave 1 figures at meijers all for 5.00 each. i bought almost all of them. i was surprised at how good most of the figures were, except for the terrible ones that had been peg warming, I also got 2 more alley vipers. - oh, our walmart also dumped their joes, I got the rage with the alley viper for 13.00. I had been really hard on the line based on the crap i saw on the pegs, but based on the stuff i was able to catch like duke with the pulse rifle, snake eyes with the 2 heads and the uzi with the silencer, the shock viper, swamp viper, tons of cool stuff. definitely better than i thought.
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.

Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

I am also really impressed with the POC line. I was really excited when the 25th series came out after waiting so long for good Joe figures to come out. ROC line had a couple of good figures, but not enough to get me to the stores. Now the POC line is hitting and I am buying one of each. They are great looking figures and I even got my friend into the line. He only collected SW and now he is all over the Joes. It helps if you have a friend who collects by the way, we are constantly on the look out for figures each of us are searching for. I did buy the 1st Storm Shadow because of the weapons he comes with and am looking forward to the one coming out soon in his classic look.
    I second the Ross references. If you have a Ross near you go see if they have the new Vehicles. I am up to 3 HISS tanks, 2 Fury tanks, 2 VAMPS and I have been finding a lot of the discontinued ROC smaller vehicles. The vehicles I could probably live with out but the figures are really cool to get your hands on. I picked up the Cobra Lava Pod with Lava Trooper today and he is really cool looking.
    Well, good luck in all of your hunting and I welcome all of the new Joe collectors out there.
    SSG WARDELL, J.
    INFANTRY
    US ARMY

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Trigue View Post
    Hasbro sure has made it hard to say no to POC.
    It's been hit-and-miss with me. I passed on almost everything from waves 1 and 2. Picked up every Beachhead and Alley Viper I could find (4 and 2) and a Firefly. From wave 3, I'm grabbing up every Snake Eyes and Shock Troop I can, and I got one Duke. Looking over the figures I've missed, I only regret skipping out on Snow Job and Dusty.