Toy Fair 2011 Coverage - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    There's no way they are going to make enough Starscream sets to fill demand. Get ready to pay $400 on Ebay folks.

I agree, I would love to get this SDCC exclusive. How many times will we see a mini megatron gun in the G.I. Joe line?? Probably never again after this exclusive. I would like to add this to my Joe collection, but I fear the prices will be around what you said.

I would like to see what kind of box this will come in. It would be cool if one side of the box had the Cobra emblem and the other side of the box have the Decepticon emblem.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Night Viper View Post
    However I've come to welcome the POC packaging as an acceptable, updated replacement, even though I don't care for maybe about a third of the POC figures themselves.
    When I first saw the mock up card art for the POC line, I really liked it. Once I found the AV in person when POC hit brick and mortar stores I really got into the card backs. Like you said, an acceptable and updated card back to the vintage ARAH.

I Hated the ROC card backs. They felt cheap and flimsy, almost like Funskool card backs, corners bent easy because of the irregular shape of the card back.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeToyFan View Post
    I agree, I would love to get this SDCC exclusive. How many times will we see a mini megatron gun in the G.I. Joe line?? Probably never again after this exclusive. .
    ahem...

Marauder "Gun-Runners" Product List

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Post Drool.... TECHNO-VIPER!!! Drool...

Finally a 21st century Techo-Viper we can all be proud of since the original mold! Good job Hasbro, just a tad bit long overdue!

Starscream is truly impressive, but I'll be that much more impressed when I see 'Thundercracker' & 'Sky Warp' made. Can you imagine black/purple on an F-14 Tomcat? THAT WOULD BE HOTNESS!!!

Not really feeling the whole 'Renegades' franchise but it's the next phase in the evolution of G.I. JOE. Just as long as it keeps the toyline alive & well for future generations.

UUUGGGHHHHH!!! FOR PETE'S SAKE!!! ANOTHER CROC-MASTER?! WHY?!

The new jungle-B.A.T. is interesting but 'Hawk' looks generic. He could pass for a modern day 'Footloose'. All he needs is a tricked-out M4.

Not to keen on a 'one-seater' Sky Striker... But it is a 'Sky Striker' so I'll take it! Then again, it is an F-14... Maybe it should have been a Raptor or JSF? Yes it should have been a JSF/F-35. Not to mention, shouldn't 'Ace' be a full-bird Colonel by now?
    Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeToyFan View Post
    How many times will we see a mini megatron gun in the G.I. Joe line?? Probably never again after this exclusive. I would like to add this to my Joe collection, but I fear the prices will be around what you said.
    You can make your own with this: MODIFIED P38 Walther Pistol GRAY Version (1) - 1:18 Scale Weapon for 3 3/4 Inch Action Figures

Awesome!! The Skystriker was my favorite Joe toy as a kid! I remember the day my grandparents bought it for me!

Finally a Skystriker!!!

I look forward to some of the upcoming figure releases of classic characters including Crazylegs and Techno Viper!! Both remakes have been long overdue, in my opinion.

Also, I am pumped for the new F-14/Skystriker!! Both the classic and the Starscream models look sweet. Due to supply and demand (and the fact that I am relatively cheap), I'll probably have to settle for the classic look, not that I'm complaining. I was 4 when the original joe's fighter jet was released, so I missed out on it. A second chance at buying a new one for a less than hefty price is always welcome.

I'm not sure what to think about the upcoming "Renegades" lineup. Guess I'll wait and see. Is it just me or are some of the upcoming figures look eerily familiar (Blowtorch, Viper, and Croc Master, to mention a few)? Please Hasbro, new sculpts, not tired repainted re-treads...

All in all things look good. I've gotta attend a comic-con one of these days, if for nothing else than to get a crack at buying these exclusive figure/vehicles.

Nuff said.
    Last edited by Snow Wolf; 02-23-2011 at 05:39 AM.

One question...The new Zarana (and goth version?) look great. but which line/wave will they be expected in?

Resigned in Protest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Wolf View Post
    One question...The new Zarana (and goth version?) look great. but which line/wave will they be expected in?
    Right now, no one is exactly sure. Both figures are slated to be SDCC exclusives, alongside the Starscream / Cobra Commander exclusive. But, if this does not happen, then the figure (which version, I do not know) will be released at retail.

I want that skystriker now! like 2 of them!

Starscream is cool and all, but I doubt i'd be able to afford it. I might try customizing an old shell perhaps.

Hazzard Viper, and Techno Viper, Crazy Legs all look awesome too. And I really like the renegades stuff, especially Cobra Commander! He reminds me of Old Snake from when he showed up on Transformers. All he needs is the hat from Cad Bane.