Sky Striker? We're finally getting a Sky Striker? - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    If anyone puts the Jolly Roger on the tailfins of these things, please, for the love of all that's holy, make the squadron VF-84 instead of VFA-103.
    If at first you don't succeed...then parachuting is probably not for you.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sky striker

Target.com was accurate on the only store to have the Sky Striker in stock. One of the employees mentioned someone reserved all of them, so I was referred to Guest Services to hash it out. Common sense prevailed with a new product, the dude showed up shortly after, but said he only requested one. Not bad of a day and being the second person in the area to pick up this item. I've never had this and had that one friend that was never allowed to bring it out of his house and no one was ever allowed in when I was a kid. Here's a picture of my two prized possessions. Thank you Hasbro!

Have a picture, but having trouble! Good luck!
    Last edited by EMANUELE316; 07-31-2011 at 05:24 PM.

This thing should start getting easier to find at Target now. The target date for Target's toy aisle resets was July 31st. My local store finished it's reset yesterday and there was a spot on the shelf for the Skystriker. Of course I bought all 3 the store had from the stock room 2 weeks ago so there were none there at the time. But, they will get more.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

When I got to my local Target, there were a few POC Figures hanging there but NO SKYSTRIKER. They are remodeling the Target and there were store clerks everywhere. I stopped one of them and asked him to check inventory...SURE ENOUGH..they had the unopened case in the back. He went and grabbed the case and I had the first one out of the box. Thinking back..should have bought them all...but..what if there is someone else in town looking for them..don't want to be selfish.

On a different note, I asked one of the Hasbro reps ad SDCC about releasing some of the older favorites and this is what I was told: top requested re-release is USS FLAGG and is not even on the minds of the people at Hasbro. He did however say that there has been some talks about a new Cobra Headquarters in the likeness of the Terror Drome as well as well as some of the other popular vehicles like Rolling Thunder, Whale and a modern MOBAT. I don't know about you but I'd trade all of those for a new FLAGG but, I'll take what I can get.

got mine about 30min ago,depating on leaving in the box, but plan going to get about 4 more. Going to leave 3 of them in the shipment box than open the 4th one
    David N Clark

I couldn't easily find the other thread mentioning Toys R Us as carrying the new Sky Striker, but I can indeed confirm this to be true, though they sell for $39.99 at TRU as opposed to $34.99 at Target. Transformers fans also will be happy to hear that the Masterpiece Rodimus is in at TRU, too.

I saw four of them at TRU today.

I picked up my Sky Striekr at TRU. Almost bought both of them that were there, but felt someone may come in trying to get their own so left one behind. Then when home opened it up assembled it and felt that while it is nice, it is not the original nice. Mostly not happy with single seat cockpit or the feel of the plastic. Still it is a Skystriker and it has a lovely place of honor on my coffee table with Ace posed next to it.

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    I picked one up Friday night and spent almost 2 hours assembling it and putting stickers on (OK - 5 minutes assembling and the rest putting stickers on).

After three days, I am not impressed.

While it's visually a very nice toy and a great homage to the original, and the extra detail in the cockpit is nice, the play value of this thing is horrendous.

The plastic is soft to the point of being uncomfortable to handle for fear of breaking it; the missile holders are so shallow that they missiles fall of if you breathe on them too hard; and the grey color is simply not appealing to look at.

I know a lot of people were clamoring for this toy, but after getting one, I am just more impressed by how exactly right they got the original back in the 80s.....
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....