yojoe.com

Thread: Sideshow Viper

Sideshow Viper

Figure will be available on Thurs Feb 24th for pre order
    full detailed pics on Feb 22 on Sideshow's production blog

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=...ef=news-scroll

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I saw the preview for that yesterday. I stopped collecting 1/6th scale figures years ago, but I'd like to have that one being a fan of the Viper design. I hope they make goggles for it, though.

I saw the preview for it yesterday also, but no one had posted this in the news section or anything so I thought I would for those who do not frequent other boards.
    Mods must be busy with yet another project out there. I noticed they might have been waiting to discuss ToyFair also.

I think it would be cool if the helmet is removable and it's "Tiny" underneath. you know the blonde bodybuilder Viper in Grey Hairs and Growing Pains, maybe the exclusive...

hawk will still be my first Sideshow unless Lady Jaye gets there before him.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i quit collecting ARAH around 5 years ago, and subsequently started collecting sixth scale hot toys stuff - their aliens uscm, and predators, and later terminator. i haven't bought any of sideshows stuff - their headsculpts, accessories, and "modern" designs are really good, but they still have a ways to go on their tailoring, which i feel drastically negatively impacts the aesthetics of the figure overall. i passed up firefly (and sometimes regret it), but i've been waiting on their viper, and so far i'm sold. i CAN NOT wait for the 22nd. even thinking about buying two and really making my wallet scream for mercy. i can't believe we're the only ones on these boards who seem to care!

pics are now up for sideshow members to view

odd choices here for the viper but tons of options and different looks.

what is on the back of the helmet?
    yes there are goggles those teasing photographers at sideshow probably left them out of the preview on purpose.

the color scheme is a little different than the original but close enough
    and look at all the unit badges/patches they include.

and the exclusive has a spare head to boot complete with WW2 pilot helmet.
    Last edited by skinny; 02-22-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    what is on the back of the helmet?
    I'm not sure what it is, but it's on the back of the vintage figure, just not painted.

I think I like it, although I wish they stuck with the normal black boots. Also I can do without the red scarf and the pilot hat. Are we buying a Viper or the Red Baron? Does anyone know what those items are about? Doesn't make sense to me.
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html

I couldnt remember and frankly did not want to dig out the figure ( stomachs bothering me lately)

still think Hawk will be my first sideshow tho this one didnt make me jump out of my chair, I can still say it was done well.

I thought the second helmet may be some sort of helmet liner that is worn first under the helmet we are used too. I submitted my pre-order. Tons of patches to play with!
    Agree about the scarf. It reminds me of the extra cloth items that came with the red ninja which I immediately removed (as well as had to re-work the pants so the legs could kick).
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

i agree on the flight helmet - i think its supposed to be the liner for the combat helmet.
    as others have said - from the waist up, he's great; from the waist down, he looks like a cheap 80's astronaut. i've come to terms with it though. i could deal with the boots, its the thigh pads that really irritate me. BUT, i can see where they got that interpretation from the card art. still had to make it my first sideshow purchase, though... and then picked up firefly for only about $10 more than original retail at a site. this is looking like it just might turn out to be a full-scale collection starter.