Traders Please Read.

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So far I have had pretty good experiences in trading Gi Joe items from this board. I have had a few minor setbacks, but nothing that didn't get fixed. (We all have problems with people who don't return emails but thats not what I mean.)

This week I have had two problems with trades, both being that the other person mailed my stuff in a plain white envelope. The first package was for a gun, which when I got was broken. The second? I have no idea what it was or who it was from.

I received a windowed envelope from the Post office with a mutilated plain white envelope in it. The envelope was obviously "eaten" by a letter sorting machine. All that was left of the letter was my first name, my address, and the back of the envelope. I can make out the remnants of the stamp where it says "DA". Im assuming the "DA" is the last of "CANADA" because there is part of a sticker with English/French on it.

I have a few ideas who it is from but I cant be exactly sure because I had trades with a few people in Canada this month. I think this really bites because I kept my end of the trade and I get nothing in return.

I KNOW this was brought up before, but I felt that everyone who is new to trading might of missed that one.

Padded envelopes are cheap, can be reused, and are sorted differently. The stuff you send is protected. Getting broken parts is equivalent to getting no parts at all.

Im sorry to ramble, but I felt it important.

Thank you,
    Acmirro
    Castle Destro

YoJoe! International Updated: 50+ Funskool Filecards!

Acmirro - Sturdy Construction For Rugged Play.

Opie & Anthony XM Sattelite Radio High Voltage 202!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I gotta agree with anthony here. Just testerday I got a gun in a plain white envelope. The guy had taped 2 pieces of cardboard to the guna nd the envelope started ripping. Luckinly, it didn't rip all the way until I got it. I too have been burnt by people sending in white envelopes. You can get them for $.50 at Walmart. I pick up a dozen every time I go. It's better to spend a little mor eon envelopes than o have a trade/purchase go bad. Just my 2 francs.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Prozac's ebay auctions

yes i will admit that i have sent something in a regular envelope.i had no i dea that the stuff goes through machines and causes it to rip.i grew up in a small town and when i picked up the mail i saw them hand stamping everything.
    after i did a trade someone e-mailed me saying that the evelope had been like burnt and a accesory wasnt in there,i felt bad of what i had done and felt stupid cause i could have prevented it by useing a simple padded envelope.
    but now i know

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Talking

and knowing is half the battle!

can't believe i beat some of you guys to that!

Thanks for the warning. As a new guy I have only traded a couple of times. I did send them in white envelopes, but all I sent were filecards. I hope they make it. So the people I traded with, if the FCs are damaged (more than they originally were, I mentioned this), let me know and I will return whatever you sent me. Next time I will use padded envelopes.
    Sorry, I blacked out there for a minute. What did I miss?

FCs shoul dbe OK...not a whole lot different than sending a letter. Plus they can bend a little. Most guns don't. That's why they get eaten by the post office monster!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Prozac's ebay auctions

When I send stuff I try to re use bubble envelopes if I remember to save them. Sometimes though, people don't want to pay that little bit extra for the envelope if I don't have them. I got a mutilated letter that was ran throught the machine. It was a Tiger Rat missile. Alls that was left was the tip. I will send stuff out in padded envelopes if I can, but I have to remember to request them as well. Its better than not getting the part at all.
    "The AC-130 Spectre gunship can put a round into every square foot in a one square mile area. Or can tear everything, from tree to buildings to people, in a football field sized area down to less that a foot high in under a minute." I read it in a book, can't remember which one though.

boxes people BOXES... good ones to use if you're not a business? find a sports card shop. buy some 200 and 300 count boxes. they should cost about 50 cents each. nothing gets crushed, you can stand on these things. go get em, it's worth it.

If you use a white envelope, incase the accessory in something hard to prevent damage. Prozac must of rolled over in laughter when he saw the job I did to protect Gnawgahyde's knife the first time we traded. I enclosed the knife with a old photocopier card and taped it shut. I am pretty sure it did the job.

Peter

A little common sense goes A long way in the postal service
    Ever day is a gift..What do you do with yours¿