Crimson Guard Immortal Variant...

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What is so special about this figure for him to sell so HIGH?

It has the Rock Viper's head. For some stupid reason, I forget which country this was from.
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tmc008 View Post
    I'd like to know where this guy gets his supply from, it seems he puts up one a month.
    Seems suspicious...

I mean, it'd be an easy thing to fake, if you had access to factories/molds... and he's from China.

I hope that doesn't come off as racist or anything. I just mean that a lot of bootleg Joes (and TFs and no doubt other items) come from there.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

That's the reason why I don't bid on his auctions.(and I'm looking for a very very long time now for the damn figure)
    He has sold already 3 CGI euro exclusives.
    I simply don't trust it.
    The worst thing is that these figures come on the market and when one of these buyers wants to sell him, I think I wont be able to tell if it's the real deal or a fake.(If the figures are a fake...)

Quote Originally Posted by the_great_old View Post
    The worst thing is that these figures come on the market and when one of these buyers wants to sell him, I think I wont be able to tell if it's the real deal or a fake.(If the figures are a fake...)
    Seems the only way to get a real one would be to buy one MOC. Pricey and very HTF but may be the only way to ensure it's original.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc008 View Post
    I'd like to know where this guy gets his supply from, it seems he puts up one a month.

1991 CRIMSON GUARD IMMORTAL G.I. Joe EUROPE&UK MINT C10 on eBay (end time 28-Mar-11 13:41:40 BST)
    I think the head on that one on ebay is fake because of the color of the head plastic.

In that Chinese auction picture it does look like the head is a lot darker crimson color than the torso and back parts. The dark color of the head plastic is very clear in the shot of the back of the auction figure. Here's a picture from that auction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is an older picture of mine that I bought 3 years ago. I'll take a few more pictures later.

Last edited by spiderpumpkin; 03-28-2011 at 01:16 PM.

I would be curious to see some better pics of it, a factory release should have the head made from the same plastic as the body like the one Spider posted, and therefore the head should be the same color.

If its head is that much darker, its probably cast from resin and dyed to match which is very difficult to get to match perfect. Of course it could just be some guy that painted a Rock-Viper head red and didnt match it very well.

Btw, the reason they released them that way for a little while in the UK was because at the time that CGI came out in UK the mold for his head was being used by Hasbro Direct to make the "Name you own Cobra" figure, so the UK department improvised and used a head that looked similar. This was only done for a short time and then the UK got the proper head mold and the CGIs started looking just like the US release. The Rock-Viper head CGI is pretty rare compared to the regular one, and worth a decent amount, but if the seller is popping them out by the truckloads, then you can be sure he is either casting new heads or painting Rock-Viper heads.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

Why is the figure bagged anyway? Wasn't it only available carded? Maybe that's an indication of it being a new fake.

Does anyone know what the usual selling price is for a loose figure? And how about a MOC one?