*Updated* Feedback needed on final 88 repaint (Secto-Viper Round 2)

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

*Updated* Feedback needed on final 88 repaint (Secto-Viper Round 2)

The comments are most appreciated guys, thanks a bunch! The votes on this one are pretty one sided, and here I thought this was gonna be the hardest one.

The Copperhead colors are gonna be the ones to go with, so now its just a matter of nailing down the details.

This batch here shows the possible combinations of details for the final figure. I have the Original here and the one with black waist, and both of them with black wrist cuffs.

Here is the final batch, which ever one of these four gets the most votes will be the final figure.

Until next time!
    Last edited by Net-Viper X; 04-06-2011 at 12:48 AM.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well now, Interrogator is one of my favorite cobras so I'm loving that idea. The fact that Secto-vipers are sold as some sort of 'beach police' fits in too. However, the copperhead look does fit the BUGG beautifully. It would be a shame to pass on that, but Copperhead himself is like the opposite of these guys. Unless one could argue that Copperhead was employed to head up the shoreline patrols...not that much of a stretch I suppose. I'm torn.
    Tom

My justification in putting Copperhead in with them stems from the fact that both his vehicle and the Bugg are a sort of perimeter patrol craft. The Moccasin is for patroling around Cobras swamp base, Bugg is for patrolling around the island. Neither of them would have much use outside these specific tasks.

There is also the fact that Copperhead is a bit of a screwup, and might be stuck working for the MPs as a form of Cobra "community service" to pay off his massive gambling debts he puts on Cobras tab. In this case it wouldnt be that the Secto's are wearing Copperheads colors so much as he is wearing theirs.
    Net-Viper X

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm really digging the Copperhead scheme. I like Stinger second best though.
    Hi, I'm Tim Mizak.
    Check out my blog on toys!
    http://mizak23.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the input guys! Once I find out which color scheme is most well liked Ill throw up a list of variants for that scheme to show the possibilities and choose the final candidate for the repaint.

Hopefully some more people will post in the next few days and add their comments about this figure. I hope you guys arent getting too sick of these feedback threads, this should be the last one for a while since I have most of the 89 series pretty well nailed down.
    Net-Viper X

I personally like the cooperhead black waist the most, but I thibk I like all the paint schemes here, so no matter what it should be cool

I like the EELS color scheme the best.

i like Lamprey and Motor Viper best, nice job on all these and the figures in your other thread
    need 88 TF dusty crotch

I like the Copperhead scheme. Plus it would make the vehicle custom easier!

You mentioned having most of the '89 group down. Even if you don't need to do one of these threads, please post the finished products in the Customs section!

Quote Originally Posted by Net-Viper X View Post
    Thanks for the input guys! Once I find out which color scheme is most well liked Ill throw up a list of variants for that scheme to show the possibilities and choose the final candidate for the repaint.

Hopefully some more people will post in the next few days and add their comments about this figure. I hope you guys arent getting too sick of these feedback threads, this should be the last one for a while since I have most of the 89 series pretty well nailed down.

My first choice would be the first Copperhead color scheme with the more aqua green waist. Copperhead colors would suit the vehicle and give some explanation for Copperhead's unique colors in the scheme of Cobra. I also prefer the waist matching the legs as it avoids the appearance of shorts pulled over leggings.

Second choice would be the reverese Stinger/Track-Viper colors with more red. It seems to be a nice balance of colors.