• VAMP

13 48.15%
  • Mobile Missle System MMS

3 11.11%
  • MOBAT

6 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Favorite- Favorite 1982 Playset/Vehicle

Alright gang- I have been away taking care of my house but am back with a polling vengance

We went through that exhaustive experiment looking at the fan favorite all time favorite figure- not sure if many were surprised that Firefly took the honors- I was a bit myself- thought SS would have made a better stand.

Alright- what is your favorite Series 1 vehicle or playset??? Lots to choose from here- some all time classics. Mine by the slightest of margins is the MOBAT.
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

that was a tough one, very closely between the vamp and mms, but the mms had won because it looks awesome with this paint scheme for the missiles

Northrop Hawk Missile System - 1/32 Revell of Germany Kit [16] - $27.95 : MFPilot.com, The place for your Model and Hobby supplies and books.

Hard choices. The first runvehicles are some of my favorite. But given the number of times I have bought a VAMP in my life I must vote for it.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This one was easy. I was never really a fan of the '82 vehicles except for the Vamp. Hard to beat an all purpose jeep, especially when it comes in different colors also
    Crashing through the sky, comes the fearful cry, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Armies of the night, evil taking flight, COBRAAAA, COBRAAAA. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, panic spreading far and wide!!!!

Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/67073-joes-needed.html

Sale/Trade List: http://forums.yojoe.com/sale/74457-m...ale-trade.html

This was a GREAT line for me- one where less is more!!

The RAM easy to get figures on and roll on to tackle Cobra. Did anyone else ever try to sit another figure atop the gatling gun??

Jet Pack- Simply AWESOME!!

Flak- not the most exciting thing out there BUT HUGELY nostalgic for me as it was my first EVER Joe vehicle I owned- still have the blueprint- I was 9!!

MMS- Removable missles, tow hook, plus the Joe commander- ROCKIN!!

VAMP- Stil an iconic vehicle in the line. The best part of that was hitching up the MMS or HAL to go on the offensive. Especially fond of this one as I got it on my 10th birthday.

HAL- Perhaps the only semi dud of the group- seemed a bit redundant given the Flak and that Grand Slam never materialized. I did enjoy the "ZIP" noise that would sound when you elevated the gun up.

MOBAT- I cried like a baby when I didn't get that for Christmas 1982. My parents couldn't afford it at the time. Lo and behold, I get up one morning in March 83 and there it was at my spot at the kitchen table!! WAHHOOOO!!!! Never have I wanted to get out of school quicker!!! My brother and I smashed up more stick forts with that thing than should be allowed by law!!

Neck in neck so far! (2 each for MMS, VAMP & MOBAT.) This was a great year for Joe vehicles. Realistic, modern, and olive drab/green. Go Army!

Chris, next time you call your parents, you should thank them again for the Mobat

Quote Originally Posted by cageyJG View Post
    Neck in neck so far!

Chris, next time you call your parents, you should thank them again for the Mobat
    My parents say I am a bigger fan now than I was at 12!!

Vamp just kicked into third gear, pulling ahead with 4 votes.

Good looking out William- looks like we will have the biggest, baddest tanks on the block bud!!

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris View Post
    My brother and I smashed up more stick forts with that thing than should be allowed by law!!
    Ahhh...a bag 'o popsicle sticks and dirt. Only in the '80s!!! MOBAT gets my vote!

I voted for the FLAK..first Gijoe item i ever got .Hill's is where the toys were.

Quote Originally Posted by deadfish View Post
    Hill's is where the toys were.
    THAT, my friend- takes me back a long ways....