Made in Hong Kong or Made in China

yojoe.com

Made in Hong Kong or Made in China

What's the story / difference between figures made in Hong Kong and figures made in China?

Thanks

Jon
    "I would like to drink a toast to Batman... Shuperman... and the Human Torch. AH-HA-HA!" Billy Buddusky

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

the years they were made(and the chinese carded figure liek 83 cobra commander say china instead of hong kong). I believe after 87 was china

Depends on which ones you are speaking of. I believe the switch started in 1988. Like some of the Night Force figures have hong kong and others have china. They are supposedly of equal quality. Now the Cobra commander version 1.5 that was released in 1990 (I believe) for the Chinese market looks exactly like our 1983 release with the exception of the china stamp. So, it's an easy way to identify if you have the true 1983 version or not. Same with Storm Shadow V1.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Also it might be from when the sun finally set on the British Empire and they gave Hong Kong back to China. I remember there being a big thing about it on the news when I was a kid.

I assume its connected to this, other wise pay no attention to me hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigue View Post
    Also it might be from when the sun finally set on the British Empire and they gave Hong Kong back to China. I remember there being a big thing about it on the news when I was a kid.

I assume its connected to this, other wise pay no attention to me hehe.
    According to wikipedia the British did not relinquish control until 1997. Although I guess that doesn't prove the stamp change is not related to the sovereignty issue, it most likely was a switch to a different factory.