Canadian vehicles - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo Shane View Post
    Definitely no english only Canadian FCs.

There's also a Rock and Roll FC showing his birthplace as Ottawa. Martin, does your Grunt FC have a blank back or is it from a carded figure?
    Sorry for the confusion... these are not mine. I took the pictures from Yojoe archive...

Martin
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

My lists: For sale/ for trade, Wanted

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hi all,

Long time lurker on the site for my Joe fix, but just today signed up. I have been picking up pieces here and there for the last 2 years up in New Brunswick Canada at flea markets and yard sales.

Didn't realise what I had in my modest collection. I bought a Cobra Combat Set MSV with its box earlier this year.

I"ll add some pictures in the days ahead if you'd like.

You can now add a 6th known to exist I guess.

Thanks

DUDE!!!!!

You gotta post pics and the price you paid!!!

I want one of those!

Oh Yeah, and Welcome to YoJoe!
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Embarassed that I just have the set laying out in the garage. Will have to take a bit better care of it now.

Wish I had an exciting story of me tracking it down. He was selling his childhood collection at a yard sale and I was drawn at first to the '83 Joes Headquarters that also had its original box. I looked over his table and he had the MSV set (I thought it was just a Stinger) I didn't see the box it was under the table. He was also selling a Mobat, Dragonfly, HISS, VAMP and RAM. There were 6 figures as well. Can't remember, 3 or 4 straight arm and a couple from '83 IIRC.

There were no prices so I asked what he would take for the whole lot. He said $200 and I walked away. Seriously, I almost got back in my truck.

I've got a very modest collection that I've started when my son was born in 2009. I remember having so much fun with then as a kid I thought I'd collect a few for the little guy as he gets older.

The guy yelled to me as I walked back the truck he'd take $160 for the lot and I said yes. I left to get some cash and he had them ready for me when I got back.

The MSV, Headquarters and Mobat all had their original boxes.

MSV is not mint as it is missing it's steering wheel... Oh well.

I'll post the pictures tomorrow.

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    If you ever would consider selling the MSV box, please let me know. I will make you a very generous offer for the box - I don't even want the toy.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Quote Originally Posted by wild weasel tank buster View Post

unique pic.

Having some trouble posting pics on the site. Will try this.

Pictures by bigshow5 - Photobucket

When I took the pictures last night I noticed for the first time there is actually a small square cut out of the box (proof of purchase???). Same with the headquarters, but not the Mobat.

Last edited by Volleydan; 07-12-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Very very nice set w/box, I would recommend that you put that in a safe and climate controlled environment from now on

Actually this find in a yard sale could spawn a new "gold rush" to Canada except this time its to hunt down Joe-stuff
    Last edited by StkhlmDK; 07-12-2011 at 08:45 AM.
    Best Regards
    StkhlmDK

Check out http://www.action-force.dk if you want to see my GI Joe/Action Force collection
    YoJoe Collection Profile: http://www.yojoe.com/members/YOJOE0016251
    Flickr Account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/95647335@N07/

WOW.... just WOW. NICE!
    Congrats!
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

Hmm, something seems strange here.

I recognize that box because it was on ebay only a few weeks ago. It was part of a lot from an eastern Canada seller. It had the boxed Headquarters (Canadian version) and all the other items that are mentioned from the yard sale.

I was watching it because I thought it might slip through the cracks of "watchers", as there was no mention of MSV in the title description. 3-4 days to go there were no bids and I got my hopes up, then bids quickly jumped to $200 with 1-2 days to go. Then the listing had ended before it's scheduled end date. I assumed, which is usually the case in these rare item auctions, that someone had contacted the seller and offered them x amount of money to end the auction early.

The yard sale lot and the ebay lot are identical, the tear on the MSV box is very distinct. I find it strange that the seller would pull the auction after the bids started rolling in, only to give it away for $160 at a yard sale.

Something seems odd. Just saying.........
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner