Wave 5 Cobra Commander's cape

yojoe.com

Wave 5 Cobra Commander's cape

Here's an annoyance that's coming your way soon, if you aren't facing it already: PoC Wave 5 Cobra Commander's cape connector piece is attached completely backwards. The Cobra emblems face the underside of the cape, and the chain dips up towards the neck instead of down away from it, which puts the Cobra logos upside down if you want them showing. And of course some Einstein fastened it that way with dabs of glue. I thought it might be only a production goof on mine, but an online look at the figure shows the same problem.

G.I. Joe Forum Discussions at The Terror Drome » View topic - Single Carded Wave 5: "City Strike" Cobra Commander

Popping out those little plastic fasteners wouldn't be the solution, because the cloth is glued to the inner sides of the pegs' outer walls. I can get each peg out from its cloth hole without too much trouble, but it's still attached on the sides and from there I fear tearing the fabric. I'm not a customizer and normally don't mess, but this one really irks me. This CC is a nice-looking figure otherwise, part of a pretty fantastic group of figures, and he would look nicer wearing his cape the right way.

Any recommendations? Glue-dissolving products that are proven not to harm plastic or cloth? With all the customizers on this board I'm sure someone knows what's up.

-------
    Update: I was slowly but surely able to remove the cloth by pulling, without tearing it too badly. Caution is key. Cobra Commander looks notably better now. Not a game-changer for the figure overall, but a worthwhile fix.
    Last edited by '86 Digital Fire; 06-07-2011 at 04:58 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ignore/delete.
    Last edited by '86 Digital Fire; 06-07-2011 at 04:53 AM.

Ignore/delete.
    Last edited by '86 Digital Fire; 06-07-2011 at 04:49 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ignore/delete.
    Last edited by '86 Digital Fire; 06-07-2011 at 04:49 AM.

This cape was used on at least three other Cobra Commanders. At least I think it's the same one.

YOJOE.COM | Cobra Commander

For some reason, they made them so that the fuzzy side of the cape faces inwards rather than outwards.

It's the same with the two Serpentors' capes, which are different from the Cobra Commanders ones.

YOJOE.COM | Serpentor

YOJOE.COM | Serpentor

The fuzzy side faces inwards.

I'm not really sure why they did that. I think they would look better reversed.

sure it is not just inside out?
    Shawn Carden

Rules to win a gunfight
    1. Bring your gun
    2. Invite your friends that have guns too
    3. Don't fight fair

Thank for the info, Alchemist. It is indeed the same cape, but on this version unlike the others, the chain is attached upside-down, so that it defies natural gravity and drapes upwards while the cape is on the figure. Looks wrong, however you flip the cape around. It isn't such a big problem that it can't be ignored, but if you're taking in the details of this CC it is pretty noticeable. Maybe Hasbro will catch this and the ones you guys find won't have this problem, I hope so, but on mine a fix was necessary.

And now that I've got it so his chain follows the laws of physics and doesn't present two upside-down cobra snakes, I also have the cape facing fuzzy side up, which does look better.