Small Joes?

yojoe.com

Thread: Small Joes?

Small Joes?

Whilst looking at a few pictures of peoples vintage collections, I noticed various figures in what looks like a pre-posed basic painted toy soldier range, could anyone shed some light on what range they're from? They look to be about an inch tall.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just realized, I think they are the micro figures! How many were made?

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks! Do they tend to go for much or are they relatively cheap? I noticed a BAT going for about £10gbp is that a good deal?

I always wondered what the point of these figures were as a kid. We all thought they were stupid at the time. Recently I saw some pics of similar figures from Mattel's Guts line. Makes me wonder if Hasbro was affraid that Guts would catch on so came out with their own version and threw them in with regular Joes.

One thing that always bothered me about the micro-figures was Rock n' Roll. He's like a strange frankenstein between Rock n' Roll v2 and Repeater. i had that one and Wet-Suit as a kid.
    ~Pit-Viper~

Quote Originally Posted by Graham_UK View Post
    Thanks! Do they tend to go for much or are they relatively cheap? I noticed a BAT going for about £10gbp is that a good deal?
    Wow, that's $15! You could get a REAL B.A.T. for that amount. I think they are usually $2 to $5. But don't quote me, the market seems to be inflating...

they are hard to come by now, so some guys will ask whatever they like and wait
    Tom

I liked solid cast toy soldiers when I was a kid and I liked the micro figures. I think I bought a couple of Joes just to get the ones that they were packaged with. Like Cobra Commander and the Crimson Guard. I just wished they would have been a little bigger. Like 1/32nd scale.