Anyone have a favourite character they'd like to see in 12"? - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Speaking of Shockwave, I really want to make him in his classic blue uniform, but I'm still looking for either a set of BDUs or a jumpsuit in light blue. In the meantime, I put together a figure of Shockblast (same character, different name - copyright issues), that, according to the YoeJoe archives, was part of a 3-pack of figures that was a 2008 International G.I.Joe Convention exclusive.

Shockblast by Scarecrow1121, on Flickr
    "Don't look at me, look at the road. That's how accidents happen."

John Rambo -- First Blood

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

WOW! Except for the blonde hair that's spot on! But yeah, you definitely need him in blue. I'm thinking of getting the K-9 Officer that Hasbro just put out, or I swear I've seen a S.W.A.T. guy from this new line, and turn him into Shockwave(I don't care what the feds or Adobe has to say, that will always be his name). Still, your Nightforce Shockwave is pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Don't You Go Injecting Reality Into My Fantasy

One photo of Pathfinder, coming up.....

This is the best I could get for you Scarecrow. I hope it helps.

Also, if Sideshow doesn't come up with a 12" Pathfinder, they could do Recondo.
    Last edited by Pathfinder_fan; 12-31-2011 at 12:36 AM.
    "Well whaddaya know? Cobra Commander's personal chemistry set!"

My Wish List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/82931...wish-list.html

#######

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you guys need any better pictures to continue with this, let me know. My Pathfinder is in perfect shape and I have a nice DSLR with a killer Macro attachment. I can get you all the detailed pics you want.

Geek-Viper, any help would be greatly appreciated. I could really use some shots from all 4 sides of the figure . No huge rush, though - it might be a couple of days before I have some time to work on him. Thanks!
    "Don't look at me, look at the road. That's how accidents happen."

John Rambo -- First Blood

No worries! I've got the next couple days off. I'll start digging out the equipment and the model tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek-Viper View Post
    If you guys need any better pictures to continue with this, let me know. My Pathfinder is in perfect shape and I have a nice DSLR with a killer Macro attachment. I can get you all the detailed pics you want.
    Hey! My Pathfinder's in perfect shape too. It's the stupid phone I have that sucks. >:S

#######

Quote Originally Posted by Pathfinder_fan View Post
    Hey! My Pathfinder's in perfect shape too. It's the stupid phone I have that sucks. >:S
    LOL! Of that I have no doubt my friend. I did not mean to impugn your Pathfinder(s). Of anybody around I would expect that you are the one we should come to for all things Pathfinder.

I was however totally making fun of your phone, hehe.

I know, my phone's a POS. I'm gonna be switching to an iPhone this year. Hopefully all the stuff I have on my iPod I can transfer over. It would give my iPod a break.

One neat thing I should point out is that the 30th anniversary 12" tribute figures come with dog tags, like the 90s Hasbro GI Joe 12" characters. There's a place that does engraving at the mall that I work at, so I'm taking Flint's dog tags in as an example, and see if they can engrave that type of small print onto the blank dog tags my Heavy Gunner figure I'm turning into Pathfinder, came with.
    Last edited by Pathfinder_fan; 01-01-2012 at 07:55 PM.

#######

Ok, I've finally got them! After I got all the gear and whatnot in order...I found my rechargable batteries had held their last charge. The good news is, these Dollar Store batteries really kick butt. Anyhow, I got some from the four main angles and with gear. And because I know that sometimes colors can distract from the subject, I also took shots of Version 2. Maybe the monochrome will help. Feel free to download them, or print them, or whatever makes you feel good. Be sure to choose "download" or "view original" on the right side to see them in all their glory.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...317&parid=root