Anyone have a favourite character they'd like to see in 12"? - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Thanks for the detailed pics Geek-Viper; they will definitely give me something to work with I'm not sure when I'll get started on Pathfinder, but I'll post pics in this thread when I get him finished.
    "Don't look at me, look at the road. That's how accidents happen."

John Rambo -- First Blood

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Anybody here think Sideshow should make Mutt & Junkyard and Law & Order? Of course, they'd probably cost a little more since their dogs would be included but I think it would be cool to see.
    "Well whaddaya know? Cobra Commander's personal chemistry set!"

My Wish List: http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/82931...wish-list.html

#######

Yeah, I would definitely love to see a Mutt & Junkyard. I've looked everywhere for a good 1/6 scale Rottweiler so I could make my own Mutt, but so far I haven't had any luck. German Shepherds are easy to come by, so I made Law & Order a while back. I've made a couple of changes since this pic (he now has a meaner-looking dog and an added police baton/tonfa), but this gives you an idea of what I put together. As you can see, I tried to get as close as possible to the original 1987 figure. I'm pretty satisfied with him, especially considering I didn't have to spend a fortune on parts for him

Law & Order by Scarecrow1121, on Flickr

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That's really cool. How did you find all the clothes and stuff?

#######

Thanks for the nice comment. As far as the clothes and stuff, almost everything is either 21stCentury, Soldiers of the World, Dragon, or Power Team, with several modifications. Here's the rundown of parts I used, followed by mods and custom stuff I had to make:

21stCentury: boots, Uzi, belt buckle, t-shirt, 'Nam-era flak vest, smoke grenade, vest pouches, badge
    SOTW: helmet, M-9 pistol and holster
    Dragon: pants, dog
    Power Team Elite: figure, watch

The mods and custom stuff I made are:

--Dyed a white t-shirt red with Rit dye
    --Heavily modified a 'Nam-era flak jacket, then painted it blue, added the zipper, custom painted SWAT pouches, smoke grenade, and Police badge
    --Made the belt with elastic and an NVA buckle I painted silver, and added the ring baton holder
    --Cut the flap off the holster, painted it black, and improvised a shoulder harness
    --Painted a tan helmet white, and added my own custom-printed MP insignia
    --Made the leash from black webbing and an old necklace
    --Made the MP armband from elastic and custom-printed insignia

He was a pain in the butt to put together, but it was fun at the same time. I really like the creative aspect of making my own 1/6th figures, and this one allowed to try a couple of new things.

Exclamation

Me, I just want Hasbro to make a 12" Snake-Eyes that actually LOOKS like Snake-Eyes! In particular, the classic Snake-Eyes Version 2...

...but Hasbro seems to have no interest in giving us that. So, it fell to me to make my own, as close as I could get it to the look I wanted. I bought the 3 most recent (non-Rise of Cobra) 12" Snake-Eyes figures that Hasbro produced, and swapped gear around to get one figure that looks as close to the classic Version 2 Snake-Eyes as is possible using only parts from Hasbro's 12" Snake-Eyes figures (with the sole additions of Sideshow's "Sword of Snake-Eyes" falchion, because Hasbro has never made a 1:6 scale version of that sword, and some black frag grenades that came from another 1:6 scale line.) I even found a 1:6 scale wolf that was actually made by Hasbro (but never released as an official part of the G.I.*Joe 12" line, for some reason) to pair up with him as his Timber!

I gotta get around to taking pics of those 2 and post them in the Custom Forum.
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 01-09-2012 at 06:28 PM.
    SHE TOLD ME IT WAS EITHER HER OR
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

Jack T. Chance, I would like see pics of your Snake-Eyes figure

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow1121 View Post
    Jack T. Chance, I would like see pics of your Snake-Eyes figure
    I'll take some pics as soon as I get a chance.

BTW, loving your customs, too!
    SHE TOLD ME IT WAS EITHER HER OR
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

Thanks for the compliment I'm really looking forward to seeing your take on Snake-Eyes. Here is my latest attempt using a Power Team Elite figure as the base. It's not the best pic, but you can get an idea of how he turned out.

Snake-Eyes and Timber by Scarecrow1121, on Flickr

Did I suggest Falcon? Sideshow should create Falcon too.

And Scarecorw, which figures did you use to create Ripcord, Firefly and Hit & Run?
    Last edited by Pathfinder_fan; 01-12-2012 at 12:55 AM.

#######