Is this a test shot / prototype?

yojoe.com

Cool Is this a test shot / prototype?

Greetings to you all. It has been a while since I posted something on this forum but it is time for me to do so once more. I picked up what appears to be an unpainted 1982 straight-arm Cobra / Cobra Soldier figure but am not sure if it is an actual test shot or bootleg. The only markings that I can see are "MADE IN CHINA" on the posterior and that is it. I am not sure how to tell if it is authentic or not...so any information that can be given would be appreciated. Please let me know what you think and thank you.

Note: For some reason, it is difficult for me to post pics. If anybody knows how to post them on here...or wants me to send them the pics to look at, please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A real test-shot from 1982 would have "made in Hong Kong" on the waist. Open a free photobucket account or similar and post your pics there, then provide a link. Just make sure you select share all so we can see them.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Tolan
    You have "at best " a test shot of a 2005 night watch trooper

YOJOE.COM | Night Watch Trooper v2

The waist is the giveaway.

Cool

Well, I took another look and it seems that you are correct. The belts around the waist of both figures are different so I was mistaken. Honest mistake on my part. Still...it is a nice addition to my collection and I did pick up some other nice figures with it for a good price. Live and learn, I always say. I am happy that I still have my original 1994 carded Manimal - Warwolf...so that makes me feel better. Who knows? Maybe an 80s prototype will yet adorn my group here. Here's hoping.