Average value of GI Joe comics?

yojoe.com

Average value of GI Joe comics?

Just a few quick questions:

What is the average selling prices of the original 1980s RAH GI Joe comics?

Do most GI Joe collectors also collect the comics?

Average price estimates would be very helpful.

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PythonPatrolforSale View Post
    Just a few quick questions:

What is the average selling prices of the original 1980s RAH GI Joe comics?

Do most GI Joe collectors also collect the comics?

Average price estimates would be very helpful.

Thank you!
    Such a variation. I'd say 30-100 can be acquired for $2 in good condition. Before that can be a bit pricier, but around the $10 range or less.
    Some of the late issues had low print runs and can reach $20-$30.
    #155 can go for well over $100 alone.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt 4 mvp View Post
    Such a variation. I'd say 30-100 can be acquired for $2 in good condition. Before that can be a bit pricier, but around the $10 range or less.
    Some of the late issues had low print runs and can reach $20-$30.
    #155 can go for well over $100 alone.
    Thank you!

Is there any reliable price guide around (besides going prices on ebay, of course). I have a dozen or so comics to sell and would like to get an idea.

The two I have in front of me are 94 and 96 from the Snake Eyes trilogy, missing 95, I believe. These seem to sell for at least $5 each on ebay. Is that reliable? Is there any particular demand for these issues?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Another question:

What about the GI Joe Yearbook, comic 1
    Or GI Joe Special Missions, issue 23?

THE G.I. JOE COMIC FORUM • View forum - GI Joe Price Guide

Their is a price guide over at Joe Reloaded.

You know right before the Joe movie the prices spiked up but seem to have come back to normal as the new fans the movie created where in and out.

The only pricey Joe comics are the last of the Marvel Run. Everything else can be found in great condition for reasonable rates, $15-50 or less.

Although, something I found interesting to see is that the DDP alt covers, convention covers and their web exclusives tend to sell on ebay for over $20 with multiple active bidders and rarely show up. So I think many of those are becoming the collectable items they were intended to be and the only think of any serious value from the DDP time of publishing.
    GI Joe comic fan since 1982.

Thanks! That helps! Now if only someone would buy the couple dozen I have for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Antarctica View Post
    THE G.I. JOE COMIC FORUM • View forum - GI Joe Price Guide

Their is a price guide over at Joe Reloaded.

You know right before the Joe movie the prices spiked up but seem to have come back to normal as the new fans the movie created where in and out.

The only pricey Joe comics are the last of the Marvel Run. Everything else can be found in great condition for reasonable rates, $15-50 or less.

Although, something I found interesting to see is that the DDP alt covers, convention covers and their web exclusives tend to sell on ebay for over $20 with multiple active bidders and rarely show up. So I think many of those are becoming the collectable items they were intended to be and the only think of any serious value from the DDP time of publishing.