Removing Stripped screw's??

yojoe.com

My stalker needs a new o-ring but his screw is all stripped out, anyoen have any ideas? I have already used the different screwdrivers I have, they have remeoved some stripped screw's, but not this one. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Chris
    I wouldn't lose any sleep if Fred Durst got shot tommorrow. Kerry King from Slayer

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hit the torso as hard as you can with a hammer. That should loosen up the screw.
    Castle Destro

YoJoe! International Updated: 50+ Funskool Filecards!

Acmirro - Sturdy Construction For Rugged Play.

Opie & Anthony XM Sattelite Radio High Voltage 202!!!

Ok, seriously...

Get some crazy glue and put some on the tip of a good screwdriver. attach the tip to the stripped screw and let it set.

this should allow you to turn the screw a little.
    Castle Destro

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well I've heard of drilling it out. Or putting super glue on the end of a screwdriver. I've never tried these, so I don't know. The best/easiest method I've found is finding the thickest carpet in your house, laying the figure on that, and apply some, not all, body weight as you turn the screwdriver. Find the screwdriver that best fit's the screw, and I've had great sucess with this.

I've only had 1 figure out of more than a dozen that this did not work, and that was because it was so badly stripped there was nothing for the screwdriver to even catch, it was completely rounded out. No damage was done to any of my figures. But I won't sware that it can't happen, choose which method you feel most comfortable using.

[ June 09, 2004: Message edited by: drummer1279 ]
    “Occasionally, we have common sense. Occasionally we say, LOOK, THERE IT IS.....and then it’s gone!” - Lewis Black

I tried drilling a stripped screw once and I dont knwo what happened....The screw must have gotten so hot that it melted the plastic. I wont do that again.

Sure, I dont have the most steady hand, but I have won a few games of Operation, but it is hard to be perfect.
    Castle Destro

the drill should work! well..if you have the right and small piece to drill...
    on the otherside..you can brake the figure...
    i have a few like that too..so it's a little hard but not impossible to remove..
    you jsut need to work on the screw very well.

like gollum & smeagol said"patient my love"
    Jose Isaiah Peña

I drilled once too and I broke the end to hold the screw... Not to sure about the glue either, if a screw is completely stripped and the srewdriver hasn't got grip at all, I think you have to put in a lot of glue and eventually will damage the figure.

Hmm super glue... I've never tried that. I might give it a try and see if that works on some of my stripped dudes.

I wouldn't advise the drilling, it's too easy to damage the figure.

Tanner
    Vehicle Parts Need List || Weapons Need List || For Sale Thread
    ==================================================
    I played, ate and slept Joe as a kid and yet as an adult I still can't get enough of it! ! !

i use the drill technique. I've done it 5 times.

you just need to take the drill bit out after every 20 seconds or so to cool down. And tap out the metal shavings, to reduce friction.

use a 1/16 bit, and take your time. make sure you have the figure on something grippy like an old towel or mouse pad.

also you need a steady hand.

Arrow

Well first off is the screw stripped at the head or is the head broken off the screw shaft? If it is stripped then you can try this...it will not damage your figure and is very easy...but you need a pin vise...:
    http://www.ehobbies.com/1001-5879.html

This is a tool you put a drill bit into and turn it with your hand...they are cheap and can be found at any good hobby store.

You need a bit that is larger than the screw shaft but smaller than the screw head. The stripped part of the screw head will guide you drill bit and you simply rotate until the bit drills through the head. Because the bite is larger than the shaft the head will break of when you drill past the head. The back of the Joe will come off now and the screw shaft will be exposed enough to use a mini vice grip or needle nose pliers to remove it. This is real easy and takes only seconds to do...it is a tried and true method...and in my opinion everyone who owns Joes should have a pin vice...it has saved me many times!!!