Remove yellowing from plastics.. fix found. - Page 14

yojoe.com

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StkhlmDK View Post
    Sounds great docski, getting very tempted to ship my USS structure to the US to get it nice and clean looking :-D
    It will be worth it man, i cnat wait to get home and go play with my toys LOL its like it threw some gas on my already buring fire!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I want to send in my Skystriker. If that can be turned white again then I know his formula works. Also have a Storm Shadow that I would like to see if he could whiten as well. I also like that he says hey yeah my stuff can work on clear plastic, but use this instead which should work better. Not the actions of a con.

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    I want to send in my Skystriker. If that can be turned white again then I know his formula works. Also have a Storm Shadow that I would like to see if he could whiten as well. I also like that he says hey yeah my stuff can work on clear plastic, but use this instead which should work better. Not the actions of a con.
    I assure you that Zac is nor a scammer. I have nothing but positive things to say about our interactions and I'm hoping to be able to send him some more parts soon

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I am late to respond but I wanted to also give a big thumbs up to what Zac has accomplished. From the time I sent in the parts, to during the whole procedure, all the way until the parts arrived back to me, Zac was great and straight forward about everything. Good guy, no worries to anyone thinking of trying it.

I sent in a Crusader shell (white parts only), the Crusader Scout Craft (white parts only), and a Devastator shell (off white original color). The main Crusader shell only had a mild to medium tint of yellow before I sent it in, after I got it back, it was an overall white color again. The Scout Craft also was whitened, except for one concentrated dark yellow spot that was very strong before the process was started. The concentrated spot looks MUCH better, but is still somewhat present. I don't fault Zac's process though, because of the strange intense concentration of this yellow spot, I believe it was an original defect in the white plastic and not mainly due to the environmental conditions of the toy's life. The Devastator was also much better.

I think people with yellowed FLAGGs will greatly benefit from this process. The results can turn ugly into beautiful. With anything in life though, results won't be 100% perfect, 100% of the time. I only say that because there are a vast amount of reasons and conditions that can damage the color of a toy, so there may be something that this process can't salvage. The results have been great so far though and people should support the idea.

Good luck to everyone.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

I just received two 1984 Storm Shadows today that are yellowed pretty bad, but the cobra symbol is in excellent shape. I would love to send these off to you and have them whitened. I sent a PM.
    KEEP CALM, AND CHIVE ON

Any more updates, or preferably picture of results? If this miracle liquid works I'd pay $15-20 for a bottle of it. But only if it works on colors as well. Mainly Cobra trooper, Spirit, and other blue uniform figures.

i should have some pics up by wednesday just depends on work LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone View Post
    Any more updates, or preferably picture of results? If this miracle liquid works I'd pay $15-20 for a bottle of it. But only if it works on colors as well. Mainly Cobra trooper, Spirit, and other blue uniform figures.
    Working with colors on figures is very tricky... leave them in 2 seconds too long and it will start to fade them.
    Remove all the yellow from your FLAGG....
    http://chemkitdepot.com/ussflagg10pi...ationpack.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by docski85 View Post
    i should have some pics up by wednesday just depends on work LOL
    I look forward to seeing it all put back together....

Quote Originally Posted by Janus View Post
    It turns the Skystriker white but at the cost of taking out the "shinny" surface. I have done 2 of them and they both were so yellow that the end result still looked 100 times better than before but they did not look "new" since they had a dull finish. I may have a way around this... but have not tested it yet.

They use so many different plastics to make all these toys than it boggles the mind. The product works great on some and not so great on others. It requires testing on each new item.