Remove yellowing from plastics.. fix found. - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    They gave me this one for free... Not sure why his face is green.. frost bite?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well this looks great and sounds promising.

Unfortunately I have been deciding on how to proceed with the H.P. method because I am wanting to whiten a Crusader shell in the next few months. I probably couldn't wait the year or two before this was available to the mainstream.

Thanks for working on this problem though, it's only going to get worse for many collectors as the years roll on.

Keep sampling photos if you can.
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

Quote Originally Posted by fat_kids_joes View Post
    So far so good! But I would also like to see how it performs on yellowed colors.
    It really depends on what they used to color the plastic... Some things come out with bright colors, others you have to keep an eye on them. The head on this guy may have been left in to long... I am not sure what color his head is supposed to be... so I pulled it out before it took it to white. I find the dark brown and black plastic almost always get attacked and taken to white if left alone... however most of the time yellowing is not a problem on these colors.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Flophouse View Post
    Well this looks great and sounds promising.

Unfortunately I have been deciding on how to proceed with the H.P. method because I am wanting to whiten a Crusader shell in the next few months. I probably couldn't wait the year or two before this was available to the mainstream.

Thanks for working on this problem though, it's only going to get worse for many collectors as the years roll on.

Keep sampling photos if you can.
    If we find that we can not get the patent then we will be selling it pretty soon. We thought about offering a service where people could ship us the parts they need whitened and then we could run the process and ship them back. However we are not sure if people would go for that... Also there are legal issues...

I was thinking more along the lines of a blue cobra trooper. I can send you a yellowed one if your willing to send it back afterwards. Pm me your address if your interested.

I'm interested to see what it would do to the silver of the Headquarters' walls. Can you not sell the product currently? I'm guessing you can't because someone would be able to reverse engineer it? I must say I'm pretty impressed with the Storm Shadow even if it does take a hint of the symbol away. Think of the Skystrikers....

So I've seen stuff with "Patent Pending", can you not sell it with this on the label since you sent in the application? As far as pricing, I'd pay $15 for a gallon. Is it a one time use solution or does it have a few life cycles? If you could use it more than once, then I would consider paying the same price for a lesser amount.

Quote Originally Posted by tmc008 View Post
    I'm interested to see what it would do to the silver of the Headquarters' walls.
    I can send some of these too…

I can't remember what this thing is called...
    But it works well on him.. Will be posting some Star Wars stuff and more Joes later today.

Quote Originally Posted by myst32yt View Post
    I can't remember what this thing is called..

That would be your neighborhood "WAMPA".

I might consider shipping the Crusader shell if you are considering that option. I live in an apartment with no balcony and no good spot to catch UV light all day for the H.P. method, plus a big vat of H.P. in my house is probably not a good idea for pets, etc. (even with a lid on).

What are your legal concerns? Just damage to the parts, etc?
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

Quote Originally Posted by Kmills101 View Post
    WOW, but it looks lik ti took off some of the red and black and thats no good. I would buy it for FLAGG and maybe Defiant. They are the two big items that seem to need the most help. Maybe WOLF too. Its would all b in the cost of it. $$$. Looks great!

I am not sure that is paint removed or the yellowing having been removed teh white is showing through making it look as if the paint went away, the yellowing sort of blends in whereas the white would shine through like a beacon. Just my impression.