Remove yellowing from plastics.. fix found. - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Can't wait to meet up and see how my figs turn out!
    Take it easy,

Drew

Vintage, International, 25th and ROC WANT List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...821#post468821

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91 View Post
    I'm sold, how soon will I be able to buy your solution off your site?
    I wish we could start selling now... but alas.. everything is tied up in legal for the moment. Lawyers have a field day with new products like this.

Currently we are doing parts for people willing to ship them. This is so we can get outside feedback and because it's limited liability. PM me if you are interested in us trying it out on something.
    Remove all the yellow from your FLAGG....
    http://chemkitdepot.com/ussflagg10pi...ationpack.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by myst32yt View Post
    You can prove this to yourself by placing the pic in a photo program and pushing the brightness way up.
    I almost said something earlier...I knew photoshop was in play here. :/ I could produce the same pictures with H202 and photoshop as well man. You've pretty much prooven to me that what you're doing here is nothing special, and borders on deception.

I'd steer clear of this fella if I were anyone here. It's just yet another person trying to make a buck off of G.I. Joe collectors. You can go buy a regular old bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide and achive exactly what he is. Then photoshop a few pics and there you have it.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CobraLALALALA View Post
    I almost said something earlier...I knew photoshop was in play here. :/ I could produce the same pictures with H202 and photoshop as well man. You've pretty much prooven to me that what you're doing here is nothing special, and borders on deception.

I'd steer clear of this fella if I were anyone here. It's just yet another person trying to make a buck off of G.I. Joe collectors. You can go buy a regular old bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide and achive exactly what he is. Then photoshop a few pics and there you have it.
    Right.... I also photoshopped the video I did... and all the parts and figures people have sent me. I plan to take a picture of them.. then photoshop the picture... print it off on labels and then apply them over the figure. They will never figure it out!!!!!

Seriously... when you get done making up red herrings and diversions I eagerly await images of your work, photoshopped or otherwise. Put up... or shut up.

Looks promising on white plastics and gray. Can't wait to se how it works on blue soldiers.

Can your solution be reused or does the chemical reaction ruin the solution for the next part?

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    Looks promising on white plastics and gray. Can't wait to se how it works on blue soldiers.

Can your solution be reused or does the chemical reaction ruin the solution for the next part?
    Blue is difficult. 2 min to long in the solution and it will start to fade it. You have to dip it till you get the yellow out. If the part is only yellow on one side it makes it even more difficult.

It can be reused... At some point, depending on how large the parts are, it slows down and quits working.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraLALALALA View Post
    You've pretty much prooven to me that what you're doing here is nothing special, and borders on deception.

He hasn't made a "buck" off anyone. In fact, he's been offering to try the product for FREE on items people send him. If it were a great scam to con people into sending him free items, I think he would be smarter than coming up with a scam where people send him old, dingy, yellowed, ****ed on looking toys.

It's fine that you are skeptical, your perogative, but maybe avoid telling people to watch out for the guy because he's running a scam with magic beans and Photoshop. He sounds legit to me, and more importantly, he's actually trying to help people out. That's why I sent him some items.

Let's just see how everything turns out before bringing the torches and pitchforks. Is that not fair?
    "Get a life will you people! I mean look at you, look at the way you're dressed. You there, you must be almost 30, have you ever kissed a girl?" - William Shatner

Right.... I also photoshopped the video I did... and all the parts and figures people have sent me. I plan to take a picture of them.. then photoshop the picture... print it off on labels and then apply them over the figure. They will never figure it out!!!!!

Seriously... when you get done making up red herrings and diversions I eagerly await images of your work, photoshopped or otherwise. Put up... or shut up.
    First of all I'm not the one here trying to push a product for profit. The obligation to "put up or shutup" does not apply to me, but to you. If this is how you handle a skeptic or someone who questions your methods, you are headed in the wrong direction.

Secondly, I am sure that most people will simply go buy a $2 Storm Shadow and try simple hydrogen peroxide for $0.88 a bottle on their own rather than try some snake oil "process" that you're trying to "patent/sell." Even if you do manage to get a product out there (seriously doubtful,) you're likely to not do very well with it.

Third, let's go back a few pics ago where you posted a few photos of Stormshadow and observe how photoshop can be used to manipulate these images in your favor. Now in this particular photo, I commented earlier that this looks exactly like the results you will obtain with a simple dunking in Hydrogen Peroxide. You can see that the Cobra Emblem on Stormshadow's chest is faded a good deal. The problem is that you forgot to photoshop this picture before I called you on it. I believe that your other pictures of this figure are quite possibly doctored as well. Here is your original post:

OK.. I ran by Dallas Vintage Toys (I live in Dallas) and picked up 2 Stormshadows for 2$ each. Here is the first... for 15 min in solution.

Second is in solution now. It is almost completely yellow but has a near perfect cobra insignia. Will post it in a bit...
    Here is my doctored version making the symbol appear to have only changed color very slightly (5 mins in Photoshop)

Good luck with your "process" and selling it. This is all I have to say on the matter, and if anyone wants to achieve these whitening results, just go grab a boltte of regular hydrogen peroxide from your drug or grocery store, and submerge the figure or vehicle in the solution for 2-8 hours and you will get the same result for very cheap. WARNING THOUGH! It will fade some colors like red on Storm Shadow, turn stickers to liquid, and other negative results. So unless you plan to buy replacement decals for you vehicle, do not attempt this, and if you want to whiten your white G.I. Joe figure at the cost of paint loss to colored areas then this is a good thing to use. All of my calims can be verified by payinig careful attention to what has been said in this thread not by me, but by the original poster.

I put up, and I'm going to shut up because clearly you have no intention of being 100% honest about what you're doing. I leave it to anyone else to decide for themselves. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Flophouse View Post
    He hasn't made a "buck" off anyone. In fact, he's been offering to try the product for FREE on items people send him. If it were a great scam to con people into sending him free items, I think he would be smarter than coming up with a scam where people send him old, dingy, yellowed, ****ed on looking toys.

It's fine that you are skeptical, your perogative, but maybe avoid telling people to watch out for the guy because he's running a scam with magic beans and Photoshop. He sounds legit to me, and more importantly, he's actually trying to help people out. That's why I sent him some items.

Let's just see how everything turns out before bringing the torches and pitchforks. Is that not fair?
    Totally fair I just have experince with dunking figures into liquids that will cause more harm than good, and results that reverse themsleves fairly quickly..... (leaving you in the end with a more messed up figure)
    Last edited by CobraLALALALA; 08-27-2011 at 08:46 PM.

So I have tried the old .88 cent H2O2 procedure and I had crap results even after following all of the steps outlined several places. And all of them say keep it in UV for a day. This guy claims to be able to get those results in less time. He also says it can be reused. So if this whitens as he says and can be reused that in itself is better than just H2O2. As long as it is not too epensive I would be willing to buy and give it a try and then judge final results. A toy show is coming up so I will just remember to stock up on the yellowed Storm Shadows there.

CobraLA - You seem to be convinced this guy is trying to scam people. The accusation he is photoshopping stuff is pretty bold. Lets think about this. Clearly he wants to sell this stuff and make some money. Apparently to some that is devilish and they should give it away for free. But in the real world, people like to make money so they can spend money. How much product do you think he would sell before people figured out it didn't work and his demos were nothing but photoshops? This is small market we are talking about. He wouldn't get much before people figured it out and got the news out. It doesn't make any sense. He is also going to the effort of accepting pieces from people and I believe sending them back to the people so they can see the results from themselves. Is he sending back bright white Storm Shadows to them he got off eBay? Those are expensive and again wouldn't make any sense.

I hear you on the issue of being able to do this with peroxide at the store. But some are saying it doesn't work well. You need UV light which breaks plastic down over time. And it is a slow process. His solution works much faster without UVs. I already have a handsaw in my garage, but I still went out and paid for a jigsaw because it works a lot better and faster. So let the man try to sell his jigsaw.